Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 day AH ban

Options
  • 19-01-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

Banned from After Hours
    Hi TishyO,

You have been banned from After Hours for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Keep personal affairs out of AH please.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 7 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie

Hi,

I PM'ed the moderator as suggested but (s)he hasn't responded to me although (s)he has been online.

I don't understand the why I was banned. I was talking to another AH moderator while I was online last night and he didn't feel the need to ban me but this moderator came on the site a few hours later and banned me. I have seen a lot worse in AH then was in my thread. I also feel the 7 day ban is a bit harsh as I have never had issues before.

Thanks

TishyO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

AH charter wrote:
    After Hours is not a serious boards forum. The aim here is for a light hearted dissection of current affairs and what's on your mind to discuss. As such you'll find threads can ebb and flow from one point to another fairly easily with minimal moderator instruction. If you read a few threads before posting you will see that there is plenty of lee-way for posters to meander.

However there is a limit even here.

Please do not drag a thread completely off topic with flirting or chit chat. It annoys people and looks cliquey. If you want to have an off-topic conversation, use the Private Messaging system, IRC, MSN etc.
    Threads like "Who's your favourite boardsie", "Who's your favourite ex-mod", tend to bring out the hormone factor so we will not let threads of this nature remain open very long once they breach this rule.
    In fairness, I think a little leeway is often given on this one, but c'mon!! ... you and your collaborator did the dog on it, and then sent out for another dog!!

While I admit that there are worse offenses in my personal book, the mod is well within charter, and I see no valid reason to overturn his decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Thanks for replying. Fair enough if I broke the rules I broke the rules. But I still don't understand why the moderator who was on the forum at the time didn't issue a warning or ban me but another moderator bans me two hours after I logged off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

As I said, I think some mods may give a little more leeway on this particular issue than others. Mods aren't robots, and they don't all think exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Cheers, thanks for taking time to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement