Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoping to move to Australia

Options
  • 19-01-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

A few of us(around 4) are hoping to go to Australia in the next 6-9 months. Have a few q's for anyone who's done it all before.

Where is the best place to go? We were thinking Melbourne?
    We haven't many qualifications so how hard would it be to get work?
    Where can we get the cheapest flights?
    Are Visas' hard to get?

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

hefferboi wrote: »
    A few of us(around 4) are hoping to go to Australia in the next 6-9 months. Have a few q's for anyone who's done it all before.

Where is the best place to go? We were thinking Melbourne?
    Yes that is
    We haven't many qualifications so how hard would it be to get work?
    Harder than if you had many but there is unskilled work out there.
    Where can we get the cheapest flights?
    T'internet
    Are Visas' hard to get?
    No Working holiday visas are easy to stay in Oz is hard.

Thanks in advance..[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 10 breckans

Returned in April after 5 years in Sydney. Brilliant. My advice is just book the tickets. Visa is no problem to get. Make the commitment and after that everything will fall into place.
    Regards work I would join a few agencies first and get your foot in the door and hopefully lead to something better like sponsership!

Loads of labouring work for excellent money ($20-$35ph) 7 to 3:30 and dont worry its not hard work and nice to be outside. I was never near a building site in my life untill Oz and I got on fine. Even if its only short term you can save a few $'s.
    And also it's a working HOLIDAY visa!
    Most of all wear sunscreen! Cant stress that enough! Learnt the hard way a few times!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 breckans

Can give you more details if you want another time!

Advertisement