Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRC 2012, where to view?

Options
  • 19-01-2012 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Few questions:
    Is the WRC live on any non subscription channels this year in english?
    Are there highlights shows on Dave or another channel again?
    Do any of you know of a channel on youtube or a website or blog that uploads the highlights?

I've tried searching but the WRC website is awful and I can't get any straight answers. I don't really care whether the footage is live or not just as long as its free and in english.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

North one fell through so its no longer on espn.

Eurosport are showing the coverage at the moment and the'yre alternating between 10 and 11pm time slots for a 30 min show.

Motors tv have cut there coverage back and are now showing the same highlights as eurosport at 10.45 each night i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

I've got basic upc and a free to air satellite receiver, fairly sure I can get eurosport but is that in english? Motors tv looks good but isn't that paid for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

On youtube also - search for JMLatvala fan. Shuush! ;)

De Hipster wrote: »
    On youtube also - search for JMLatvala fan. Shuush! ;)

This is exactly what I wanted, thank you!

This is exactly what I wanted, thank you!

No prob - that man just keeps the coverage coming (I believe he's on his '3'rd A/c now) - they keep shutting him down, so 'under your hat' as it were! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

I'm delighted Julian (guru) Porter is on motors tv, that other guy for the last two years would have been shocking if he didn't put me to sleep all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭marco2068

just found out today that you can subscribe to eurosport player for €4 or 5 a month witch gives you eurosport 1+2. for the price of a pint it might be what your after.

http://www.eurosportplayer.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

http://www.darcyf1.com/

Videos of motorsport in general, including WRC.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Word on the Twittermachine is that the Eurosport deal has fallen through.

I'm not sure where the blame in this lies. I've seen a lot of invective levelled at the FIA and by extension Jean Todt who to paraphrase is "too close to the roundy-roundy stuff" (their pejorative not mine, indicative of the one eyed mentality of some) but I've also seen Eurosport over the years display the most contrary attitude to rallying. What remains of North One Sport haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in this as well.

Either way, it looks like we'll be "watching" Sweden on Rally Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

If you want anyone to blame, blame the EU and the TUPE laws unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

This is getting so annoying

Astonished by what I’m hearing from Paris! No global promoter/ distributor this year for WRC. Individual rallies responsible themselves.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

:mad::mad::mad:

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2012/Pages/fia-wrc-2012.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    Press Release
    2012 FIA World Rally Championship
    03/02/2012
    The FIA regrets to announce it has not proven possible to find an international promoter as well as a global broadcaster for the 2012 World Rally Championship season at this stage in time.

The Federation has been involved in lengthy and detailed discussions with interested parties but a series of issues proved impossible to reconcile, and it finally had to take the decision to withdraw from these negotiations.

In addition to the usual sporting and technical services it provides for these events, the FIA will finance the timing/tracking of each event so that the Championship can take place in the best conditions.

Teams, manufacturers and the other stakeholders have all been informed of this situation.

The FIA will now open discussions with all the other parties which have expressed interest in the promotion of the WRC in order to guarantee the future development and growth of the FIA World Rally Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

what a ****ing mess

I've just joined twitter so i could tell them what a bunch of clowns they are.:mad:

not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Disgraceful behaviour from the FIA. This is going to be a disaster. No sponsors will touch the sport after this. We won't see any new manufacturers entering any time soon.

Oh for **** sake, this is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

RIP WRC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Absoloute utter joke. How dare the FIA just abandon the sport. I hope the teams decide to ditch the FIA and set up their own championship with someone who wants the sport to do well

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

Coverage is on Motors TV next week if it's any consolation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Robbo wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of invective levelled at the FIA and by extension Jean Todt who to paraphrase is "too close to the roundy-roundy stuff" (their pejorative not mine, indicative of the one eyed mentality of some)

A former World Champion rally co-driver...
    Think how much worse it'd be under Mosley. He'd probably have cancelled the season.

• Advertisement

Irionic that MSI opted for Ari at the time of voting...FIA have really fooked up with this year's championship & put the sport in a precarious position going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Magown3 wrote: »
    Coverage is on Motors TV next week if it's any consolation!
    No it's not.. Unless they find someone to film it for them.

afatbollix wrote: »

+1

MotorsTV just used the Eurosport footage for Monte and NOS before that. They do not film themselves.

The FIA and Eursport seem to have their hands tied due to TUPE regulations. TUPE is believed to be the sole reason the talks broke down.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 willier

I heard last night that BMW and Prodrive have parted company also, leaving Sordo without a drive for the rest of the season. At least Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle are now released from that joke of a contract they 'had'!!
    Personally I think the WRC is doomed now. Back to 2 teams again for the rest of the season. It really isn't worth watching anymore. I've watched Loeb win enough rallies to last me a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

afatbollix wrote: »
    h3000 wrote: »
    +1

MotorsTV just used the Eurosport footage for Monte and NOS before that. They do not film themselves.

The FIA and Eursport seem to have their hands tied due to TUPE regulations. TUPE is believed to be the sole reason the talks broke down.

Sorry, I was just going by the Sky Planner!

willier wrote: »
    I heard last night that BMW and Prodrive have parted company also, leaving Sordo without a drive for the rest of the season. At least Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle are now released from that joke of a contract they 'had'!!
    Personally I think the WRC is doomed now. Back to 2 teams again for the rest of the season. It really isn't worth watching anymore. I've watched Loeb win enough rallies to last me a lifetime.

jesus :mad::mad::mad:

Rumors on twitter now that Colin and Becs are gone from World Rally Radio :mad::(. WRR itself might be gone.

Something really needs to be sorted.

h3000 wrote: »
    Rumors on twitter now that Colin and Becs are gone from World Rally Radio :mad::(. WRR itself might be gone.

Something really needs to be sorted.

Apparently WRR will be there but without Becs and Colin :(:(:mad::mad:

It seems WRC Sweden will now be televised. It will be filmed by Filmworks (a Norweigen TV company). Not too sure where it will be shown yet though.

• Advertisement

motors tv will show it. witch is crap because i have eurosport:mad:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07022012/66/rally-sweden-secures-tv-deal.html

Advertisement