Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cava

Options
  • 19-01-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey, just wondering anyone been to cava? Whats it like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's very good. If you search this forum for Cava you'll find plenty of praise for the place.

Here I did a search for you
    http://www.boards.ie/search/?subforums=1&f=475&q=cava

Also mentioned here http://comedinewithmegalway.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ill hop in on this one. Anyone got a report on the new Tapas place in Woodquay yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Ill hop in on this one. Anyone got a report on the new Tapas place in Woodquay yet?
    We went to check out the menu the other day but there wasn't one, the only info we could find was opening hours (Lunch 10-5, Dinner 5-10) and the soup of the day on a chalkboard. Will be keeping an eye out though, love me some tapas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yeah thats whats its been everytime Ive gone to look at the menu as well. Think once there was a menu but I couldnt stop to look.
    It looks nice from the outside though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I've tried phoning them multiple times at lunch but no answer. Was starting to wonder were they still open.

Re Cava- I love the place and food. Go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Really good soup and sandwhich in Cava at lunchtimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Yeah thats whats its been everytime Ive gone to look at the menu as well. Think once there was a menu but I couldnt stop to look.
    It looks nice from the outside though.
    I've seen the menu. Tapas ranged from €5-€8.50 and had about ten dishes if i remember correctly. Mains from around €15-€25 and maybe 10-15 to choose from. Thats what i think i remember at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've eaten there.

Prices as quoted by someone else here sound about right (I didn't specifically check).

Yummy food, very drinkable sangria, lots of veggo options.

Nice atmosphere in keeping with the outside (someone had fun painting the walls, eg big thumb over the fire alarm).

I thought the service was a little slow /inattentive, not dreadful, but not as quick as I'd expected. Mr justMary thought it was fine, though.

fyi, I believe it's somehow linked to the people who run Cava. Not sure of the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Tapas ranged from €5-€8.50...

Tapas served in a tapas bar are meant to be inexpensive bit-sized snacks to have with a casual drink. If this place had tapas for around 3 euros then we'd happily go in and have a few with a couple of drinks but this pervasive hijacking of what's taken as casual eating in Spain is just more celtic tiger BS IMHO. Now Cava is a restaurant and it's excellent and happy to pay it's restaurant prices but a tapas bar should be a tapas bar...

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

jkforde wrote: »
    Tapas served in a tapas bar are meant to be inexpensive bit-sized snacks to have with a casual drink. If this place had tapas for around 3 euros then we'd happily go in and have a few with a couple of drinks but this pervasive hijacking of what's taken as casual eating in Spain is just more celtic tiger BS IMHO. Now Cava is a restaurant and it's excellent and happy to pay it's restaurant prices but a tapas bar should be a tapas bar...
    Agree with your point on tapas being affordable but i would then say that Cava certainly dont give much value in that regard and just to point out the new place is not a Tapas Bar its a Spanish restaurant so its fair enough that thats where their price point is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

>Live in Ireland
    >Not get ripped off for everything

Choose one. Even McDonalds and kebab shops take us for a ride for god's sake.

Advertisement