Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from after hours

Options
  • 19-01-2012 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

this is my third time opening a thread on this issue , not sure what went wrong with the previous two but they never materialised

anyhow , i am appealing against a long term life ban from after hours and have made the first step of contacting a MOD from after hours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You were permabanned from AH almost 2 years ago.

In roughly the same period you have picked up 13 bans from other forums, some of them also permanent, and 32 infractions. In other words, you have obviously caused a huge amount of disruption across the site, and a load of work for the mods.

Explain to me again why you expect me to lift the AH ban?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

You were permabanned from AH almost 2 years ago.

In roughly the same period you have picked up 13 bans from other forums, some of them also permanent, and 32 infractions. In other words, you have obviously caused a huge amount of disruption across the site, and a load of work for the mods.

Explain to me again why you expect me to lift the AH ban?

dear mod

i understood i could engage with boards over such matters via the dispute resolution forum , i wasnt aware that bans are never overturned ?

regards

bob

irishh_bob wrote: »
    dear mod

i understood i could engage with boards over such matters via the dispute resolution forum , i wasnt aware that bans are never overturned ?

regards

bob
    Then engage.

Explain to me, in the light of the above, your reasons why you think that I should overturn the ban.

Otherwise, this thread is a waste of your time and mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Then engage.

Explain to me, in the light of the above, your reasons why you think that I should overturn the ban.

Otherwise, this thread is a waste of your time and mine.

dear mod

ok , if appeal descisions are not a foregone conclusion , i will endeavour to change the mods minds about my lifetime ban

after hours is an eclectic mix of threads and contributors , its style is more relaxed and irreverant , i see myself as an irreverant contributor , someone who is not overly hung up on political correctness , decorum or formality , after hours is less refined than most other threads and is somewhere where posters can poke fun at many different subjects which effect everyday life , i dont see how i would be that different to most contributors on that forum and dont honestly believe i would stand out

regards

bob

irishh_bob wrote: »
    after hours is an eclectic mix of threads and contributors , its style is more relaxed and irreverant , i see myself as an irreverant contributor , someone who is not overly hung up on political correctness , decorum or formality , after hours is less refined than most other threads and is somewhere where posters can poke fun at many different subjects which effect everyday life , i dont see how i would be that different to most contributors on that forum and dont honestly believe i would stand out
    Your description of AH is accurate enough, certainly.

But the thing is, most other contributors to that forum don't have your record of bans and infractions, do they? And the one or two who may be heading in that direction are most certainly walking a tight-rope on this site. And that's not looking at either the irish_bob account, or the tea_drinker account which was sitebanned for attempting to circumvent a forum ban.

But ... you have at least engaged courteously here, and maybe that's a sign that you intend to turn over a new leaf.

So here's what I will do:

Your last ban / infraction from any forum was the 6th Dec 2011.

6 months from that date is the 6th June 2012.

If, between then and now, you have not earned yourself any bans or any infractions in *any* forum on Boards, come back to me here and I will give serious consideration to your request to have your AH ban lifted. After all, if you can avoid getting yourself in trouble in non-AH forums, where the rules are often a bit more strict, then you will have presented a strong argument that you will be able to interact in AH without causing hassle.

Until June, then! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I think that's a very fair offer from randylonghorn, and I'll top it:

6 months from 6th June 2012 is 6th Dec 2012.

If, between then and now, you have not earned yourself any bans or any infractions in *any* forum on Boards, I won't site ban you for wasting volunteer mods time.

I've set a reminder for myself or another admin to check in on this thread then.

Resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Trojan wrote: »
    6 months from 6th June 2012 is 6th Dec 2012.

If, between then and now, you have not earned yourself any bans or any infractions in *any* forum on Boards, I won't site ban you for wasting volunteer mods time.

I've set a reminder for myself or another admin to check in on this thread then.

My reminder worked - yay for technology!

I know I'm a bit early with this one, but sadly, our intrepid "irishh_bob" has racked up an impressive 11 Warnings, 22 Infractions and 15 Bans, and has since been permanently sitebanned (including his 5+ re-reg accounts).

Ah well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement