Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noob query, application

Options
  • 19-01-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

I've applied online on the CAO site and have entered personal info, course choices and qualification and assessment details. Is there anything I have to do submit the info before the 5.15pm deadline tomorrow to avail of the lower rate?

Also, what is the story with contacting the HEI about an application? Or is it necessary?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

I've applied online on the CAO site and have entered personal info, course choices and qualification and assessment details. Is there anything I have to do submit the info before the 5.15pm deadline tomorrow to avail of the lower rate?

Also, what is the story with contacting the HEI about an application? Or is it necessary?

You need to send in any associated paperwork such as copies of certificates for qualifications you mention in your application and you have seven days to do this from the day you submit your online application. These don't have to be in by the 20th to get the lower rate however.

Re the HEI's its a good idea to contact them if you are a mature or otherwise a-typical applicant to check you have applied correctly. For example some colleges don't require a mature student to go through CAO at all while some others require you to apply through CAO AND directly to them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Thanks, I've just sent the documents off this morning. By contacting the HEI, that just means I'm contacting the college/IT directly?

Thanks, I've just sent the documents off this morning. By contacting the HEI, that just means I'm contacting the college/IT directly?

Yes. It's advised by CAO that all Mature Students do so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Contacting them about what? To see if they recieved it from the CAO? No need for that.

To register with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

To register with them?

When??

If you are applying for a course through the CAO, the CAO will contact the college and your application is sent to them via CAO. The only difference in this way is if the college itself states it requires a direct application to them or a supplemental application along with the CAO application. The procedure for applying as a mature student should be outlined in the college's prospectus/website.

Other than that you just have to wait to be offered a place and once you accept the place, you'll be given details about registering for the course in September.

To register with them?
    In the CAO handbook on page 4 there is a recommendation that Mature students contact the HEIs that they are applying to double check application procedures etc, esp in relation to restricted application procedures.

Thanks for the help, I'll send them off an email tomorrow.

Advertisement