Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about CAO Supporting Documents for Mature Students

Options
  • 19-01-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I know these questions are asked again and again, I just want to be absolutely sure!

I've completed my CAO application. I mentioned a few certified and non-certified courses in the application and I have letters of attendance or actual certificates for all of these. Should I send all of these in to the CAO or do they need them at all? If they do, will photocopies do or does it have to be the real thing?

I completed my Leaving Cert in 2004. Do I need to send this in, or do they already have access to it? I did enter the details on the site. Again, if I do have to send it, will a photocopy do?

I'm applying to DCU, so I have the Mature Student Application Form and a separate personal statement ready to send directly to the college. Should I also forward both of these to the CAO, or are they for the college's eyes only?

Do I need to send in a birth cert or anything like that?

Lastly, will documents I send to the CAO be returned to me?

Sorry for all the questions, this is nail biting stuff and I just want to be sure! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

photocopy the certs and send them in.

do the same with ur leaving cert.

"I'm applying to DCU, so I have the Mature Student Application Form and a separate personal statement ready to send directly to the college. Should I also forward both of these to the CAO, or are they for the college's eyes only?"

^^^^ if you have already filled out and sent your application to the CAO, there is no need to send them a personal statement as you have already completed that on the CAO app. also dont send the CAO the DCU application, they dont need it.

"Do I need to send in a birth cert or anything like that?"

^^^^ i photocopied my passport and sent it in. im guessing a birth would be sufficient.

"Lastly, will documents I send to the CAO be returned to me?"

you wont be getting any documents back.

hope this helps. gl with ur application:)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Fish Bloke

Thanks very much John, that's as clear as I could want it! :D

Advertisement