Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wwoofing round new zealands south island?

Options
  • 19-01-2012 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Anyone try this?,and if so how did you get on? Would like to try this for a while. So would be greet too hear your storys .thanks rj:-D

Comments

Have never done it.
    My friend has done it in Ireland working in forestry and on some organic farms.
    He thought it was great food and board but thats all you need.#
    Interestingly ireland has half the amount of opportunities available in France
    I'd imagine the opportunities would be great in NZ so I would say only positive things can happen. People are friendly over there, weather is similar to ours and the scenery is amazing so all positive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I know someone that did it and she had mostly great experiences here and in Oz. Some farms will work you harder then others and be prepared to hit the ground running even if you have no experience. They're usually old hats at hosting so know what jobs you'll be able for. Food and board can range from lovely to very average but she only had one bad story of an old grumpy farmer that she never got on with. Its a cool way to see some nice scenery and really see how rural New Zealand ticks, they're usually good people who are interesting to meet outsiders and share their homes and farms with. Some farms can be incredibly large and remote compared to Irish ones so be prepared to really live the country life in some places.

Advertisement