Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottle banks

Options
  • 19-01-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of bottle banks close to the city centre? There was one there close to the Omniplex across the road from Argos but there's been no sign of it recently. Not sure if it's gone altogether of they just haven't put it back yet after Christmas.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

I'd be well up for bottling some of the banks...

Oh, there's one at the end of the Tesco carpark near the roundabout/whatever the Chinese restaurant there is called.

And there's one next to St Michael's GAA pitch on Siobhan McKenna Road. Both tend to be litter hot-spots since the council doesn't consider it might be a good idea to put a rubbish bin (or paper recycling bin) next to where loads of people will be unloading bottles from cardboard boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Down by harvest off-license at ravens terrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The one across from Argos is still there, it's been moved further down in the car park beside the Dyke Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

magentas wrote: »
    Down by harvest off-license at ravens terrace
    Thats now Fine Wines and the bottle bank has been removed. Closest to City centre is halfway down the Dyke Road carpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Was/is there some out at Dunnes in Terryland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Was/is there some out at Dunnes in Terryland?
    Certainly used to be, not sure they are still there though, havent been in that part of the carpark in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

There's one beside City Hall on College Road. It's a little bit down from the entrance, not visible from the road or when walking past.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The ones from Raven Terrace are now with the ones on the Dyke Road. They still have the Raven Terrace stickers on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Certainly used to be, not sure they are still there though, havent been in that part of the carpark in a while.
    They were moved further back behind Dunnes, pretty much where the delivery trucks go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Hello world

The one down by the docks is/was gone and so it the one near monrose realized both of them were gone after carrying several bags of bottles to both of these places was not happy that day. Then I looked at the website and found the closest one was at the black box so I just left them with all the other bottles where the bottle bank used to be near monrose (I know it's not the right thing to do but they removed 2 bottle banks so they can pay to clean up all the bottles left there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

There is a sneaky one in NUIG near the college bar, you can drive right up to it via the Distillery Road entrance and continue all the way around the IT and Biomedical Building. It's in the car park opposite the BOI outside ATM.

I use it in the evenings as you can always drive straight up to it and there is a spot everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Don't know when this has been updated but here's the GCC list: http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/WasteManagement/BringCentresandBanks/Bringbanks/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Never knew there was a Recycling Centre in Liosbaun?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭GOODME

yes there is a recycling centre open in the afternoon for public closes 3 pm on friday other week days 4 pm also i think it is open am saturdays.

also they have times am for business people don't know exactly what to take for them.

you can also get bulky goods service you pay charges for collection from your home. small fee for items they do electrical too.

for more info check website

Advertisement