Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker and grill not working

• 19-01-2012 10:21pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    our cooker and grill have stopped working,wont come on at all when your turn on the switch,ANY idea what could be wrong with it ? A switch problem? I hope to god its not the cooker and.oven themselves :'(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

Is there power at the oven? eg is there a mains light or clock to check? If not mcb or fuse has tripped/blown at fuseboard so check there. If the clock is on check try pressing buttons on the oven, for instance is there one with a picture of a hand? Sometimes on the newer ovens you need to push a certain button before you can turn on the oven. Suppose its a safety feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

exactly whats not working on the cooker
    what make of cooker is it

is there a manual/automatic selector
    have you checked the tripswitch
    is the cooker switch turned on(is there a neon light on it)

beat me to it shamfeen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ShamFeen wrote: »
    Is there power at the oven? eg is there a mains light or clock to check? If not mcb or fuse has tripped/blown at fuseboard so check there. If the clock is on check try pressing buttons on the oven, for instance is there one with a picture of a hand? Sometimes on the newer ovens you need to push a certain button before you can turn on the oven. Suppose its a safety feature.

No theres no power going into it at all,nothing tripped on the fuse board,nothing happen when you flick the switch

pull the tripswitch down completely
    then push it back up firmly
    it is the 32amp one if its not labelled

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

I smell a dodgy switch,even go as far as saying its caused by a loose connection. Seen it enough times and all because the connections where loose

• Advertisement

paddymick wrote: »
    I smell a dodgy switch,even go as far as saying its caused by a loose conection. Seen it enough times and all because the connections where loose

yeah that would be the next step me thinks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

paddymick wrote: »
    I smell a dodgy switch,even go as far as saying its caused by a loose connection. Seen it enough times and all because the connections where loose

ya we rang my cousin and he said it was the switch,so hopefully thats all it is and hopefully he can come out and fix it today.thanks for all the replies.

switch replaced and working again thank god :)

switch replaced and working again thank god :)

imagesqtbnANd9GcRrGZMbAX54YgedKrlcl.jpg

wohooooooo

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement