Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Draft question

• 19-01-2012 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

I have a strange question. I'm wondering if I get a bank draft made out to Joe Smith for €10,000 but decide not to give it to Joe but want to lodge it to my own account instead, can I do that?

I'm going to view a second hand car and I'm wondering if I can have the bank draft made out to the owner of the car. If the car is not as good as I thought, I will not be buying ... hence I will need to lodge the draft back into my account. Is there a charge for the service?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

why would you get a bank draft made up before you are absolutely certain you are going to buy the car?

esp in these times..where it is a buyer's market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    why would you get a bank draft made up before you are absolutely certain you are going to buy the car?
    Why would you answer a question with a question? ;)

A family member has already seen the car and taken the car for a test drive. It's a 4 hour drive from where I'm living so I don't want to have to go back to pick it up if I decide to buy. Obviously I'm not going to tell the seller I have a bank draft with me.

I'd have posted on the Motors forum if I wanted advice on buying a car ... I want advice on banking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

should you check with the bank that will issue the draft????

i'm sure it can be cancelled but would imagine they will charge you for the privilege, just like when you buy the draft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Why would you answer a question with a question? ;)

To seek more information to answer your op

You will have no problem re lodging the bank draft back into your bank. You will have to sign the back of it with a declaration, exact wording will be explained by the teller.

Advertisement