Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Question

• 19-01-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Moving into a new house tomorrow, the line should be activated then as there was a phone line there until last month. I ordered the upto 24Mb package. They said the line would be active tomorrow and I should have the router by tuesday next week. My question is can I plug in my own ADSL router tomorrow and use the broadband or do I have to wait for the Eircom gear?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

gpf101 wrote: »
    Moving into a new house tomorrow, the line should be activated then as there was a phone line there until last month. I ordered the upto 24Mb package. They said the line would be active tomorrow and I should have the router by tuesday next week. My question is can I plug in my own ADSL router tomorrow and use the broadband or do I have to wait for the Eircom gear?

Thanks

Just enter the settings below:

Basic modem settings:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=9&E=0000000000319890148&K=3271&Sxi=9&Case=obj(12815)

Advertisement