Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6 revealed

• 19-01-2012 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Resident Evil 6 just revealed with epic trailer. Release date 20th November 2012. I know there is a resi forum where this thread exists so mods feel free to merge but just wanted to let the main Games section know in case some people don't frequent the resi section :)

Trailer is brilliant!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dont like that trailer at all. Its completely all over the place.
    Just gave me a slight headache watching it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Finally we have zombies again and not mutant fungus centipedes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Dont like that trailer at all. Its completely all over the place.
    Just gave me a slight headache watching it :/

Yeah looks like it's split between (from what I can see) three main characters. Leon, Chris and I'm not sure who the third is. It looks absolutely epic though. Lets hope it's not a case of cramming too much in.

The Ganados\Plagas from 4\5? Ah it was a nice take on the zombies. But they're in there (the tentacle grabbing the main character in the trailer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

ZOMBIES!!!

The Ganados\Plagas from 4\5? Ah it was a nice take on the zombies. But they're in there (the tentacle grabbing the main character in the trailer).

ah it was but i need my zombies back :D

So thats

Resident evil revealtions 3ds
    Resident evil raccon city ps3 360
    Resident evil 5 movie
    And now resident evil 6 ps3 360

All for 2012 ..l.

Overload :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm one of the few RE fans who liked 5 (as an action game as opposed to not living up to my dreams of a return to survival horror) but I'm unsure what to make of the trailer. CQC and some very military shooter looking moments....meh. The urban environment looked excellent though.

ah it was but i need my zombies back :D

So thats

Resident evil revealtions 3ds
    Resident evil raccon city ps3 360
    Resident evil 5 movie
    And now resident evil 6 ps3 360

All for 2012 ..l.

Overload :cool:

Yeah, but the movie looks like a steaming pile of sh!t. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

That looks ****ing awesome!

I enjoy them .. They are a good laugh to watch
    :pac: lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

^^^Pretty much sums up how I feel. I liked RE5 too, a good action/co-op game but a ****e RE game alright.

Seems they are splitting this in three: simialr to tone of RE1 with Leon and the zombies, something closer to RE4/5 for Chris with the plagas mutants (and possibly taking the revamp approach revelations did for moving + shooting) and a new character that plays like Wesker.

November already looks good gameswise so far :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

20 nov is a tuesday. Dont care, i will be booking it off work tomorrow.

Thats great news. I think it looks great (i too liked resi 5 (despite the partner nonsense).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's a Michael Bay trailer if i ever saw one. Absolutely terrible imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Is it just me, or is Leon looking an awful lot like the dude from SIlent Hill 2?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    20 nov is a tuesday. Dont care, i will be booking it off work tomorrow.

My guess is that's the US release date, with the usual friday release date for EU which would be the 23rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

It's official. Resident Evil 6 is currently in development and coming this November to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Capcom confirmed today. A PC version is also in the works. Capcom describes RE6 as a blend of action and survival horror and "the most ambitious, immersive and feature rich title of the series to date and promises to be the dramatic horror experience of the year."

Confirming earlier rumors, Resident Evil vets Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield will join forces to face an "unprecedented threat."

Here's the official pitch:

It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President’s side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision. At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world’s population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left.

Development on Resident Evil 6 is being led by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who served as producer on Resident Evil 4 and worked as a programmer on the first two Resident Evil games.

"From the outset the team’s intention was to create an experience that delivers a gripping storyline, tense single-player and co-op action all set against a constant theme of horror," said Kobayashi in a release. "We are calling this fusion dramatic horror and are confident it will resonate with both existing fans of the series as well as newcomers."

Here's Resident Evil 6's first explosive trailer.

Beyond the action packed trailer, new gameplay details are light, but Capcom notes in its announcement that RE6 will pack-in "various modes" in relation to retailer-exclusive maps.

Resident Evil 6 is currently scheduled for a November 20 release in North America.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Too slow, five threads below yours...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056523328

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

F1ngers wrote: »

UGH! Fudge Sheehy!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

did I hear Nolan North in there?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Looking like another ****ing action game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Although it does look very action orientated, I'll still give it a go.

Resident Evil provided me with so many great gaming moments over the years, it's one series that no matter how bad it gets, I'll always give it a chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

I spy QTE's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I am suprised its coming out this year.
    Especially after Resident Evil 5's famous debut trailer in October 2005, only for the game to actually come out 3+ years later :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Thought the trailer was pretty poor. Sure the last 20 seconds were basically a bunch of stills mixed together!

It started off well and then got way too action orientated.

I've only played 4 and 5, loved 4 and thought 5 was enjoyable enough with a mate but it would be nice if they toned down the action a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Leon parts looked good. I fear whats happening is the same thing we are seeing in other big titles, dev trying to make everyone happy. I really don't like the look of the run, slide, turn and shoot while sliding. This isn't John Woo! Have to say, for a reveal trailer, we got a lot of footage! I honestly thought it would be 5 seconds of flashing images and 7 seconds of the resi 6 logo so for me, it definitle exceeded expectations. I wonder if it will be co-op again. In one way, I'd prefer a SP experience but myself and the gf had a great laugh going through 5.

Gametrailers will have some job of analysing this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If there is no sheeva and no co-op, then I will give it a go.

It really looks better then that **** racoon city!

P.s please include Easter egg, wheres sheeva is a zombie and you can put a cap in her stupid arse...

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

HERE HERE!!

Hated Resi 5, and wasn't too impressed with 4 either. No more muscle flowers popping from 'Zombie' heads please! Just zombies!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The description mentioning Racoon City happening 10 years, makes me think that RE 6 and operation racoon city will have some links, and IMHO they would be stupid not to do something like that, seeing as both games are out this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Saw mention of a pre-order bonus on one of the news sites of an exclusive map.

From IGN:
    Resident Evil 6 will also receive pre-order bonuses at GameStop, Best Buy and Amazon. According to Capcom, each retailer "will each get an exclusive map that will function with various modes in the game."

So possibly the return of Mercenaries or the Versus mode (please Capcom, just the Mercenaries.....please)

Andy!! wrote: »
    HERE HERE!!

Hated Resi 5, and wasn't too impressed with 4 either. No more muscle flowers popping from 'Zombie' heads please! Just zombies!!

Ahem. :pac:

Haven't played 5 (yet) and even though my initial reaction to four was the same as yours I really got in to it and enjoyed the new style of gameplay.

Also I think it explains why they're parasitic organisms instead of zombies in the game doesn't it?

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Las_Plagas

Also "just zombies". What about the Huntersin the first game? Or the Lickers in the second? Not to mention the huge f*ckin' spiders!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Aww balls, i'm pretty sure I heard Ashley in there.

There'll be a few LEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALPS in there for good measure no doubt.

Advertisement