Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6 revealed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

best resident evil in since the good old days..only played to chapter 3 as leon(wont say where i got it early) but it has good old traits.. running out of bullets and having to slash through a gang of and axe wieding zombies with ur knife..the zombies are very mobile aswell and jump from windows and off cars which is a nice touch..also the zombie police have assault rifles..(duck and cover wen out of ammo) and glad to see the zombie dogs roaming around again and adding a few frights along the way.. have only played it for an hour or so but like it and it plays very well...

:(

The last boss is going to be a Zombie flying an F-22 isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Big Knox wrote: »
    :(

oh yeah and they ave body armour so only head shots effective...there is also a skills points you collect and can upgrade your shooting and stuff which i dont like at all

spoiler removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Spoilers man, some people would prefer to see that for themselves.

snausages wrote: »
    Spoilers man, some people would prefer to see that for themselves.

sorry pal will do as spoiler in future
    its not a major spoiler they are just as frequent as normal zombies not really a boss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well just pre-ordered this from Gamesnash. I hear gametrailers gave it 8.8, review out today, so hopefully it's better than what the demo shows. Will wait and see I spose!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Well just pre-ordered this from Gamesnash. I hear gametrailers gave it 8.8, review out today, so hopefully it's better than what the demo shows. Will wait and see I spose!

didn't even play the demo myself but am very impressed with the game so far

I see Capcom said if the fans want it badenough, they will Re-make Resi 2. As groundbreaking as Resi 1 was, I think Resi 2 was the best in the series. Brilliant story, gameplay and what they did with new game plus was genius.

Now, they could add machine guns galore, running, diving, cover, etc to wreck it but I think if they kept old survival horror traits with the new over the shoulder look, this could be amazing! Anyone else interested in this remake?

http://thegamingliberty.com/2012/09/capcom-would-consider-a-resident-evil-2-remake-with-the-right-amount-of-fan-support/

I see Capcom said if the fans want it badenough, they will Re-make Resi 2. As groundbreaking as Resi 1 was, I think Resi 2 was the best in the series. Brilliant story, gameplay and what they did with new game plus was genius.

Now, they could add machine guns galore, running, diving, cover, etc to wreck it but I think if they kept old survival horror traits with the new over the shoulder look, this could be amazing! Anyone else interested in this remake?

http://thegamingliberty.com/2012/09/capcom-would-consider-a-resident-evil-2-remake-with-the-right-amount-of-fan-support/

hells yeah resi 2 all the way!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

So you didt like the demo but preordered the game

I think people just like complaing about RE now just because of the fact it changed

I bet alot of people who moaned about the demo will ending up buying this game

• Advertisement

biggebruv wrote: »

I think people just like complaing about RE now just because of the fact it changed

I bet alot of people who moaned about the demo will ending up buying this game

I found the demo to be very poor, the melee combat was beyond ridiculous and the whole run and gun elements were poorly implemented. That said, if reviews are positive it's the kind of title I'd pick up in HMV for 18 or so euro in six months time.

biggebruv wrote: »

Getting it purely for the fact that I played through resi 5 in co-op with my gf and she really enjoyed it. If it was just me playing it then I wouldn't be buying it. I'd probably get resi 2 or 4 on PSN instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Embargo is up, getting very average review score.

Click.ie 3.5/5
    Eurogamer 6/10
    1up C+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Embargo is up, getting very average review score.

Click.ie 3.5/5
    Eurogamer 6/10
    1up C+

Average at best... 3/10 on Destructoid (courtesy of Jim Sterling) and 4/10 on The Verge.

Disclaimer: I still intend to pick up this game pre-owned at some point, once the price is right.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Edge so-so about it as well: http://www.edge-online.com/review/resident-evil-6-review/

Can't say I'm surprised by critical apathy. From the outset it was always clear this game had a troublesome identity crisis.

Also seems to be an over-padded game at thirty hours: both developers and gamers need to realise less is sometimes more.

Just read the Click review, sounding very average alright.

http://www.clickonline.com/games/review--resident-evil-6/13713/

both developers and gamers need to realise less is sometimes more.

Pity Capcom have their mission statement on the front of their building
    MoreIsMoreweb-730345.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

game trailers review got blocked. wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Destructoid absolutely destroy it with their review http://www.destructoid.com/review-resident-evil-6-235326.phtml

3/10 and compares it to Quantum Theory and Inversion.

"It's bad enough that the game -- at its very best -- is so pedestrian, but to screw up in areas that even third-rate shooters manage to get right is something Capcom should find degrading. It's not enough to say that Resident Evil 6 is poor as a Resident Evil game. That alone implies there could be a quality experience if fans can get past their preconceptions and feelings of betrayal. No, Resident Evil 6 is poor by the standards of any game, not just the high ones set by its own legacy. This is unexceptional tripe that becomes insulting once the woeful missteps come into play. Resident Evil 6 is not just a step back for the series, it's a step back for commonplace, unassuming action-shooters.

If any consistently good thing can be said of Resident Evil 6, it's that it has made Paul W.S. Anderson's film adaptations look like fine works of art in comparison."

The demo had me all set to ignore it, but these reviews have me convinced.

game trailers review got blocked. wtf?

You can read the review here http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/yi42z7/resident-evil-6-review but there seems to be a bit of controversy over it alright. The review tries to be critical of the game, but gave it 8.8/10. It's funny to read because you can almost see the cuts where the editor may have replaced content.

Gametrailers have a big advertising deal with Capcon for Resident Evil 6, with their homepage covered in an RE6 splash ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

3/10 from Destructiod? C'mon. Even a wholly average game gets 7/10 these days, 5/10 for a bad game. I find it incredibly hard to believe a game as big as Resi 6 can be so broken and horrible to get the doldrums of 3/10. Bit sensationalistic methinks.

7.9/10 from IGN.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    3/10 from Destructiod? C'mon. Even a wholly average game gets 7/10 these days, 5/10 for a bad game.

It shouldn't though. An average game should get 5/10 and a poor game 3/10. It's always been the way Destructoid and others like Edge have reviewed games, it just looks off-kilter because in the videogames review world 7/10 has been accepted as being average.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jaysus, everything gets a 7/10 on IGN these days.

I'd be very disappointed if Gametrailers were being influenced by Capcom because lately their reviews have been very good.

I absolutely agree that 5/10 should be average but 3/10 and the litany of synonyms for 'awful' sound a bit unbelievable tbh. Like 3/10 is a disgrace of a game; a game would have to be mind-meltingly awful in every way measurable to get 3/10...basically if you got a game released you've made it to 3/10 in most cases! It's hard to think a game that cost this much with this long in development from Capcom actually deserves that low a score. I can't say for sure until I play the game myself but to me it sounds like there's a bit of "I hate what you've become" score in there too.

GT pulling their video completely is real dodgy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well they manage royally **** up that raccoon city RE game. I wonder if people even play that online.
    So 3/10 might be quite a fair score. From what I sow so far it was a crap-o-fest so far.

I would be in same boat as retro here. I really hope GTtrailers did not sold it self like that. I usually go to them for my first review and gameplay video. ( not that I take their word for gold)

Did helix came in with his review yet? Would love to hear his opinion.

Well Jim Sterling can be a fair bit hyperbolic at the best of times. Just look at the deadly premonition review. I love the game but it has problems, definitely not 10/10.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Official magazines, IGN, Gametrailers, Cheat Code Central etc... - inevitably kinder to games than other publications. Never trust them, you can tell by a quick look at their reviews they're often skewed by advertisers or corporate interest. If someone gets to review a game before (idiotic) NDAs expire, there's always something afoot.

I do wish the scoring system would be done away with. A review should speak for itself, rather than the number shoved on the end. Especially since game journalism has completely skewed what a number should represent.

How about that! GT's Resi 6 review is back up.

g50915sujyi.jpg

Clicky http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/c3rlf7/resident-evil-6-review

• Confirmed what I suspected from the demo. I am truely disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

4.5/10 from GameSpot.

Advertisement