Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6 revealed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I love how crapcom swings that 5mil number like big black 50inch cock around. "Look at me me! It's huge!".
    What is even funnier is how gamer-sluts drull over that 50inch, I mean 5mill number and use it as a prove - how better re5 is then classic re games.

5mill were sold in era when gaming became main stream activity for a lot more age groups. So there is a lot bigger group of buyers for that game. RE2 was sold in time, when most adults still though that gaming is just for kids. So it's only very basic logic - gaming more evolved, wider gamer age group, more gamers, more customers, more copies sold.
    Re5 was sold on 3 platforms at least. Re2 on one.
    Re5 had a huge head start and a legacy name of "resident evil". The old resident evil games already made a huge name for franchise, so a lot of sales were not based on games quality, but on its past and expectations. Look at cod.
    I own 2 copies of re5. One for Xbox, which I played a bit with my friend in co-op. game is unplayable solo. Then I got pc version, which I played less then 30minutes and uninstalled it. I hoped pc controls will give it at least some advantage, but it was the same turd, but with a lot better visuals. I bough both games on sale. Thx feck I never payed full price for both.
    I haven't even finished re5 as it is just... ****. If was somewhat fun to play with my buddy, but I think it was more fun as experience coop playing something, then loving re5. I really hope Sheva is the last boss in re5. I have never ran away from any monster in any game, as I ran from Sheva with a full spray bottle of med!

Best selling game in franchise, does not mean, it deserves best game in franchise title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

I never had many problems with AI sheva. Just set her to 'cover' and use her as a walking item box. Got RE5 on pc last week for a tenner, fired it up, set coop to open, and now people join my game within 5 minutes, and have had some cool coop games. It helps that the PC version is absolutely astoundingly good looking. Its not an amazing game, but its a bit of fun, coop is great, and for a tenner, its worth it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah I thought RE5 was a solid game but it felt like a rehash of 4 with few new idea's. Sheva didn't really annoying me at all. Does look great on PC and the 3D implementation is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Azza wrote: »
    Yeah I thought RE5 was a solid game but it felt like a rehash of 4 with few new idea's. Sheva didn't really annoying me at all. Does look great on PC and the 3D implementation is excellent.

Also helps that sheva is hot as **** :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sheva was my hot mobile storage locker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone else hate the camera placement in 6? its far too close to your character, I'm climbing up a ladder and you can see fcuk all without moving the camer around the second you get someplace, its better when you sprint thats how far back it should have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man this game is fxcking stupid :D no pause button in offline splitscreen.....really capcom??? You cant turn off the huds in splitscreen either. I have brightness up full and still cant see ****. All this mixed with leap frogging zombies = frustrating as fuk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I finished Leon's campaign yesterday, I quite enjoyed it. I know it's all downhill from here (aside from
    Ada's
    scenario), but it's a pretty good game overall. Not as good as 4 or 5, but I wasn't expecting it to be.

I wish Capcom could persuade Shinji Mikami to come back all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I've not bought the game but I sort of have a feeling that people decided they didn't like it before actually playing it. I reckon I'll get it when the price comes down. Apparently it's sold in massive numbers so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Tbh the mercenaries in this game >>>>>>>>> 3 campaign lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Re5 was sold on 3 platforms at least. Re2 on one.

Far from it, there's a PSX version of Resident Evil 2, a PC version, an N64 version, a Dreamcast version, and also a Gamecube version!

Here's a good synopsis...
    Best selling game in franchise, does not mean, it deserves best game in franchise title.

No one ever actually said or argued that Resident Evil 5 is the best game in the Franchise though. For me, Resident Evil 2 is, but everyone's got their own opinions.

I have a PSX and Resident Evil 2 still, all this talk makes me want to play it now after I finish 6 (and 4, which I downloaded recently from Live, the HD edition is far better than people were giving it credit for).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Notorioux wrote: »
    Tbh the mercenaries in this game >>>>>>>>> 3 campaign lol
    Was wondering when someone would mention merc's. Great craic but only one map if you don't have the pre-order dlc.

bugs wrote: »
    Was wondering when someone would mention merc's. Great craic but only one map if you don't have the pre-order dlc.

you'll unlock more once you finish campaign.

Okay so I'm reading there is a way to turn off PSN and choose offline so I can then pause the game in splitscreen. I didn't see this at all but will give another look. My gf, unbiased and doesn't care about the history of resi, thinks it's fun and I spose it is a laugh with offline splitscreen. There are so good set pieces, like the 28 days later tunnel scene. Just in the town in leons campaign and turns out we didn't even clear Leons first chapter. Game looks like its going to be huge!

I just saw this and it is amazing. How a 3d tv can show split screen games in full screen for both people using the glasses. I don't spose anyone has tried this with Resi 6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I just saw this and it is amazing. How a 3d tv can show split screen games in full screen for both people using the glasses. I don't spose anyone has tried this with Resi

Never heard of this before, what a simple and extremely useful application of a 3DTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I just saw this and it is amazing. How a 3d tv can show split screen games in full screen for both people using the glasses. I don't spose anyone has tried this with Resi 6?

Ah crap. It's passive 3D. Don't have it. Got really excited there for a minute.

Just tried on my active 3D with Kane and Lynch. Can't swap the lenses, but if you close one eye it works. And if you use the other lense, you see the other picture. Time to buy some eye patches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Half way through Leons Campaign I'd say, feels like Im playing Gears of War! Dont get me wrong I am enjoying it. If these games keep going the way of their movie counterparts though we might even be able to cast some spells or sh*t in RE7!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Played the demo for the first time tonight, wasnt expecting much to be honest but omg I never thought it would be so bad. Looks nice and all but gone are the days of survival horror res evil. Pity

Well? Are figures are in?! Did RE6 sold 10million copies so far? So I can die little bit inside... Again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

All this cry for some survival horror why doesn't someone cash in on it?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I'm enjoying it so far. Completed Leon's campaign and about 3/5's the way through Chris campaign. Only dire bit so far was an awful on the rails car chase I just completed in the Chris campaign. But the rest has been solid too good so far. Few stand out momements though.

I think its an improvement over 5 but not as good as 4.

Nothing like how Resident Evil started out. Atmosphere and tension are gone.

Hammer the buttons and wiggle the sticks lmao :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Taylor365 wrote: »
    All this cry for some survival horror why doesn't someone cash in on it?

Dead Space owns the survival horror crown now, but even at that 2 was a step away from the horror of the first and more towards action, but its still excellent throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

krudler wrote: »
    Dead Space owns the survival horror crown now, but even at that 2 was a step away from the horror of the first and more towards action, but its still excellent throughout.

From what I have seen of 3 they are trying to move even further away from survival horror.

krudler wrote: »

as much as it went more action way, it still did a GREAT JOB and ****ing yourself.

Some enemies were just damn creepy. not even their looks, but their actions. those damn things who stared at you from a corner..... **** i hated those!!!

then DS2 did one part briliantly:
    coming back to ishimura.... when walking in there i almost pooped myself, it was scary, creepy and very well done

its a shame DS3 will die as Horror survival :( DS3 is joining RE franchise now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Dead Space has only sold 2-3m per title with DS2 selling less than the original. Respectable figures but far less than RE5 so why would Capcom bother to go down that route.

Remakes are all we can expect now really as far as old school RE goes. The proposed RE2, if done right, should be supported by every RE fan hoping for a return to survival horror. As only through sales will Capcom take notice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As much as I enjoyed the Dead Space games they feel more like stop gaps while Resident Evil is going through a crappy phase. I haven't enjoyed a dead space game as much as any of the best Resi games and they are kind of derivative. A poor mans Resi 4 but still good games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thought Dead Space 2 was just as disappointing as Resident Evil 5, to be perfectly honest.

Simple but ludicrously unrealistic solution: stop making sequels to anything! Huzzah for a hypothetical triumph of original ideas.

Advertisement