Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6 revealed

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Thought Dead Space 2 was just as disappointing as Resident Evil 5, to be perfectly honest.

Simple but ludicrously unrealistic solution: stop making sequels to anything! Huzzah for a hypothetical triumph of original ideas.

the first DS was a new IP done right, its really well made, the sound design is some of the best in gaming history, it took something already done, 3rd person survival horror and ran with it in its own way. Did it come out the same year as Resi 5? I think it did, or early the year after, but I enjoyed it much more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thought Dead Space 2 was just as disappointing as Resident Evil 5, to be perfectly honest.

Simple but ludicrously unrealistic solution: stop making sequels to anything! Huzzah for a hypothetical triumph of original ideas.

No way Dead space 2 is as bad as RE5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I made the mistake of starting RE6 in Chris's campaign, which is pretty garbage tbh, started Leon's and its much closer to the previous games, loved (chapter 3 spoiler)
    running through the streets as people are fleeing their homes, cars are crashing and stuff is going to hell all around you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Played Jake's campaign today with a friend, he created the game and I joined, except now under records, it says he's finished the campaign on normal, but mine says amateur! I'm so irritated by this, I was thinking it was ridiculously easy, but how can it happen that we have different difficulty settings when he hosted the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I haven't played the game, but I suppose he could have had less health than you and his weapons do less damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Taylor365 wrote: »
    All this cry for some survival horror why doesn't someone cash in on it?

Amnesia-A-Machine-For-Pigs-Logo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I haven't played the game, but I suppose he could have had less health than you and his weapons do less damage.

Whoever hosts the game chooses the difficulty, when I join the game I have no options. I looked it up and it's a known glitch of sorts, basically whatever you played your last campaign game on, it carries that over when you start co-op - so I had played a single mission on amateur, just messing around, two days previous, and when I joined his 'normal' game, it records my previous difficulty though in name only - there are people online saying they tore their hair out finishing campaigns online on Pro only to go back and discover the game only recorded an 'amateur' completion. Really stupid, I hope they patch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 theZomboid

:O

resident evil 6......i have been away from games for waaaaaaay too long . . . .
    this is gonna rock!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Got this about 2 weeks back.
    Got say I'm struggling to finish it,just finding really boring.
    Finished Leons and Ada's campaign and gave up halfway through chris's as it was just becoming a chore.
    Playing Max Payne 3 atm which I'm enjoying.
    I'll go and finish the last 2 campaigns in a bit just to be done with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

theZomboid wrote: »
    :O

resident evil 6......i have been away from games for waaaaaaay too long . . . .
    this is gonna rock!

DONT DO IT!

Jesus can you imagine taking a few years off gaming only to come back to Resi 6? Youd never play a game again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haven't touched this in a while. Myself and gf just about got through Leons campaign and then i read that was the best one. Gonna take a lot of motivation to go back to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Chris' can be torture.

Go with Jakes if you want some a bit more. There's a bit of stealthy-action in chapters 2 & 3 to keep you on your toes I reckon. Plus Ustanak is the RE6 attempt of introducing a Nemesis kind of character which kinda falls flat.

But yeah - avoid Chris' if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Haven't touched this in ages. Completed Leons campaign which had its ups and downs (but mainly downs) and played the first parts of Chris' campaign which I thought was a mess so gave up.

I ****ing hated
    the final part of the last boss with those jammy ****ing controls, even RE5's Wesker "RrrRRAAarrrRRRGGGhhHH CHRRRIIISSSSSS I'M A MONSTER NOW!!!" complete derp out was better and that's saying something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I really enjoyed RE6. Some parts were very messy and it was a hugely inconsistent experience, but I loved the combat and movement overall. The game really shined in The Mercenaries, since it was all about combat.

However, there were lots of weak moments in the campaigns. In Leon's, the battle with
    Simmons' T-Rex form
    went on way too long, I got bored. Chris' campaign was just too actiony, but it was fun. Jake's campaign was the weakest; too many boring, restriction sections. I loved
    Ada's
    campaign, aside from the bit in the
    helicopter
    and the aforementioned
    T-Rex
    fight.

They could have trimmed so much fat off the game and it would have been a tighter, more satisfying experience! As it stands, it's an interesting, but flawed experience.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I agree with Mr K for the most part. Strongly disliked the on rail sections. Thought the movement and controls where improved over 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Played through Chris' game on coop with a mate last week, nothing to do with resident evil gameplay but it was decent enough fun taking it for what it is. The last boss was absolutely ridiculous though, we died something like 37 times, the vast majority of which were on the ridiculous running section that both of us had to time to perfection and even briefly bumping into each other meant instant death, serious frustration having to climb that long ladder over and over and over again..

Good to pass a few hours but wouldn't bother buying it myself and have no real urge to play the other stories

For anyone thats interested its out on PC on the 23rd of March.

Steam are doing a pretty good pre-order deal at a decent price.

€29.99
    Gives you the game, the soundtrack and a digital artbook.
    You will also net Resident Evil 5 and almost certainly judging by the rate of pre-order DLC season pass.

I believe Capcom said the game will have all the other stuff that was patched into the console versions straight off with the PC release.

So Ada's campaign unlocked from the off. Tweaked brightness settings, tweaked camera etc.

It also has exclusively the No Mercy mode for the Mercenaries. Was also in RE 5 on PC. Basically Mercenaries with far more enemies than on the console.

Capcom have dropped Games For Window Live and have gone with Steamworks instead. Huzzah

Finally a benchmark has been released. Which you can download it here
    http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/resident-evil-6

I'll point this benchmark is much more strenuous than anything that actually occurs in the full game (having played the console version)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Resident-Evil-6-3717-13.html

You can also get it from games planet for 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Azza wrote: »
    For anyone thats interested its out on PC on the 23rd of March.

Steam are doing a pretty good pre-order deal at a decent price.

€29.99
    Gives you the game, the soundtrack and a digital artbook.
    You will also net Resident Evil 5 and almost certainly judging by the rate of pre-order DLC season pass.

I believe Capcom said the game will have all the other stuff that was patched into the console versions straight off with the PC release.

So Ada's campaign unlocked from the off. Tweaked brightness settings, tweaked camera etc.

It also has exclusively the No Mercy mode for the Mercenaries. Was also in RE 5 on PC. Basically Mercenaries with far more enemies than on the console.

Capcom have dropped Games For Window Live and have gone with Steamworks instead. Huzzah

Finally a benchmark has been released. Which you can download it here
    http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/resident-evil-6

I'll point this benchmark is much more strenuous than anything that actually occurs in the full game (having played the console version)

why release a benchmark wouldt it have been easier to trow out a quick 5min demo of each campaign :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Because a benchmark is designed so people can see if their system can run the game.

Demo's are designed so that players can see if they like the game.

Big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Kirby wrote: »
    Because a benchmark is designed so people can see if their system can run the game.

Demo's are designed so that players can see if they like the game.

Big difference.

I know but the stuff going on in that benchmark does not even happen in the game the game never gets that busy.

Yeah its funny that. Because the benchmark is quite tough to run. People are now going around saying the game is badly optimized. Own goal Capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alactric

Azza wrote: »
    Yeah its funny that. Because the benchmark is quite tough to run. People are now going around saying the game is badly optimized. Own goal Capcom.

Very unusual if true, seeing as it's still MT framework. Capcom's recent PC ports have always ran extraordinarily well on my ancient PC.

Yeah since Capcom have been using QLOC for their PC ports the quaility has been very good. RE4 was the last doogey port job, but they stopped using the developer they outsourced for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Finished it recently and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Asynchronous as I hate where the franchise stands now, I might pick this up for a 5-9eu in a month or two from one of the cd key websites.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Asynchronous as I hate where the franchise stands now, I might pick this up for a 5-9eu in a month or two from one of the cd key websites.

Dunno would I waste the space on the hard drive even :p

I'll be picking it up again on PC as I liked it on console.

Anyone looking for a co-op partner or for the other multiplayer modes. I'm game.

Advertisement