Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6 revealed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

After the last few Resident Evil games I just can't find it in me to care. Resident Evil 4 was great, but I dunno, I think I have zombie fatigue at this stage now.

I mean RE6 will actually be the 23rd Resident Evil game (not including re-releaseses).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Leon sections like slightly interesting, but otherwise not a great trailer at all. Resident Evil's unique undead selling point has long since become a cliche, so hopefully the gameplay will have something revolutionary to kick the series back into gear (and not a cover system - did they really need to advertise that one already?). Let's hope the multiple protagonist trick will be put to good use, although the presence of military grunts as seemingly playable characters doesn't fill me with optimism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Aww, no hot, spicy racism by the looks of it, whatever will people focus on this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Aww, no hot, spicy racism by the looks of it, whatever will people focus on this time?

Well part is set in China so there's still hope :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hackysack wrote: »
    Aww balls, i'm pretty sure I heard Ashley in there.

There'll be a few LEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALPS in there for good measure no doubt.
    Ballistics.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty much summing up everything wrong with Capcom at the moment. They're going to realise soon that bigger sales doesn't necessarily equate to a better product and distancing your fan base.

I don't mind the action orientated take on the series. Resi 4 was absolutely amazing but they really need to work on their execution of that gameplay since Shinji Mikami left because Resi 5 really wasn't very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

right, this just proves how big idiots capcom became.

the only reason i bought RE5 was RE1 RE2 RE3, if i wouldnt knew that franchise i would not even give it a chance. i bough that **** named re5 and newer even completed 20% of that crap! its just horrible!

ofc figures of RE5 are highest as it came out way later when gaming became more attractive and with way bigger range of gamers. RE1 came out when gaming was still not looked at like a serious entertainment. just how thick capcom people are?!

ffs, its not a rant about cod, but cod even manages to **** up other franchises... :(

I liked resident evil 5 , i think it be better for them as a company to introduce a mode where you struggle for ammo and health

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I liked resident evil 5 , i think it be better for them as a company to introduce a mode where you struggle for ammo and health

I also enjoyed REs E 5. With the right mate playing as your partner, there's a lot of craic to be had in it. Also, co-op Mercs mode was fantastic fun. However, I don't really fancy doing it all again.

I'm really unsure what to think about Res E 6. I was telling my housemate about it, and he said "Are all the Resident Evil games not sh1te nowadays?" I honestly didn't have an answer.

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    I also enjoyed REs E 5. With the right mate playing as your partner, there's a lot of craic to be had in it. Also, co-op Mercs mode was fantastic fun. However, I don't really fancy doing it all again.

I'm really unsure what to think about Res E 6. I was telling my housemate about it, and he said "Are all the Resident Evil games not sh1te nowadays?" I honestly didn't have an answer.

I never found RE series sh1te , I think the only one i hated was code veronica x

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not played Survivor and Outbreak then? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Code Veronica X was very enjoyable. I currently have 1, CVX, 4 & 5 on my ps3. 5 is the only one i dont bother with (except for Lost in Nightmares DLC)

REmake and The Umbrella Chronicles (which i should really get since i have a WII) both look excellent as well.

Outbreak and the Gun games are poor obviously but outside of that the only poor game has been 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

HigginsJ wrote: »
    REmake and The Umbrella Chronicles (which i should really get since i have a WII) both look excellent as well.

REmake is essential! The atmosphere and feeling that you're actually fighting to survive are the best in the whole series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

aw :( looks crap
    I want old Resi back, there hasn't been a good one since 4
    it looks like Vanquish with Zombies, booooourns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Skerries wrote: »
    aw :( looks crap
    I want old Resi back, there hasn't been a good one since 4
    it looks like Vanquish with Zombies, booooourns!

Hasn't there only really been one since 4?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

And wasn't Resi 4 not even a real Resident Evil?

It introduced all that horrible bull**** tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Ah, the RE purists. I've been playing since the original and I thought RE4 was a breath of fresh air. The series had gotten really stale by the time Zero came out, it needed shaking up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I agree with the above, I was sceptical of 4 but it was a nice change of pace and story. 5, (while good) was a bit try hard to replicate 4 I found but it brought back the story aspect so I can't complain.

This however.. looks c'est magnifique! The return to cities, the T/G Virus! It looks massive from the trailer.

Andy!! wrote: »
    And wasn't Resi 4 not even a real Resident Evil?

It introduced all that horrible bull**** tbh.

Resident Evil 4 was a god damn masterpiece that influenced every third person shooter after it but has yet to be bettered. Even though it was one of the few games to popularise QTE's I can't blame it because it was one of the few games that did QTE's right while other developers just shoe horn them into everything.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Resident Evil 4 was a god damn masterpiece that influenced every third person shooter after it but has yet to be bettered.

And yet it wasn't Resident Evil.

And also it was very brown and had goddawful characters and story, and dialogue... etc.

Was it possible to move and shoot at the same time in 4? I forget...

...yeah hmm god damn masterpiece alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

And also it was very brown and had goddawful characters and story, and dialogue... etc.

+1

I'm hoping to have some Nemesis or Tyrant kinda like on RE: 6 to give the game some intense feel to it.

I think that guy thats half bionic is Resi 6's answer to Nemesis? Looks alright to me :)

It was a change from a very genre that had become very stale at that point. Yes it was a bit more action orientated but since Resi 2 the series was heading in that direction.

As for the story and dialogue, you're playing resident evil not Silent Hill 2 of course it's going to be cheesey with crap dialogue, it's a resident evil game after all.

Not being able to move and shooting? I never understood why this was a problem with Resident Evil 4 since the game worked with this limitation.

For me there hasn't been a better action game since Resident Evil for me and that's why I said it was a masterpiece.

As for being too brown? I don't know what you are getting at because Resident Evil 4 is one of the few games with a wide variety of locations, unless of course you played the visually less impressive PS2 version, even then it's a good looking game.

So I don't care if Resident Evil 4 didn't play like the old games. At that point it had gotten stale and instead we got one of the best action games ever made, which made me happy.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The main problem I had with RE5 was that it just felt like a carbon copy of 4.
    Set pieces felt the same. Still thought it was a solid game.

I played 1,2,3 resident evil games and I newer found them stale. And I was the one, who completed each of these games 20+ times by doing special condition to get equipment or just see how far can I go with 1 or 2 or zero saves etc.

If they would have left resident evil horror survival style with new camera system then it would be a great game.

And yup.. Crazed villagers are not zombies. They could call that game: resident evil: Leon's asvanture in Europe while high, but not resident evil 4.

They changed one thing fans loved about: horror survival. It would be the same of cod would go from fps shooter to racing sim on goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

no, it added to the tension having 7 or 8 enemies walking towards you while trying to pick them off. RE4 is still one of the best 3rd person action games ever, no RE4= no Dead Space (which outshone RE5 tbh). 5 was...meh, had some good moments but wasnt a patch on 4. which is one of the most relentlessly paced games ever, you're just constantly moving to the next area with very little backtracking.

If Resi as a series still consisted of still camera, typewriter ribbons, and all the other stuff that made it what it is people would be whinging its gone stale. RE4 had a lot of that stuff and put it into an exciting new environment.

I am glad the zombies are back though..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

RopeDrink wrote: »

Is that actually the opening of the game? Kinda cool but the acting is atrocious!

tok9 wrote: »
    Is that actually the opening of the game? Kinda cool but the acting is atrocious!

REsident evil was always known for being cheesy :D

anyway, i got on steam re5 and i would give it a go, but only if anyone want join me from start to beginning ( not in one go lol ). i just cant play with that idiocy AI.

someone who maybe newer played it before, or want take it slow and with no rush. that is one of the reasons i freaking hate coop games which dont have proper SP mode, i love to play game at my own pace and i hate when someone is rushing or i have to hold them back...

so its a long shot, anyone up for it?

• Advertisement

Advertisement