Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6 revealed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah I'd say single player is fairly bad with the AI alright. I tried playing it on single player on a harder mode after finishing it and just got bored during the 1st level. Haven't played it since.

This whole '3 campaigns' thing could be okay if it's done like Resi 2 where finishing the game once gives you a kind of alternative game it playing through as another character.

Capcom, those crazy crazy bastards, are releasing a premium edition for 1000 quid! Included will be Leon's leather jacket! (fact). Jacket will be made for 1 euro in Capcom's very own sweat shop (speculation)

http://kotaku.com/5900944/resident-evil-6s-ridiculous-1000-collectors-edition/gallery/1?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_facebook&utm_source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Capcom, those crazy crazy bastards, are releasing a premium edition for 1000 quid! Included will be Leon's leather jacket! (fact). Jacket will be made for 1 euro in Capcom's very own sweat shop (speculation)

http://kotaku.com/5900944/resident-evil-6s-ridiculous-1000-collectors-edition/gallery/1?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_facebook&utm_source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Fools and their money are easily parted at times, expect some rich fan boys to wet themselves over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They'll regret buying it when every woman they pass keeps screaming "Leeeeeeeooooon! HAAAAAAAAALP!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ooooohhhhh capcom....

It's like they say: only in America, so this is now: only at capcom.

I love collectors editions, but my **** some of them stupid. The only one collectors editions that are really interesting and cool - blizzard stuff. It is Ussually not that overpriced too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm really amazed at how little I care about this and I used to love Resi.

I like Resi 5. I thought it was an okayish shooter with awkward-as-hell controls but the AI is nowhere near as bad as it's cracked up to be. Yes, my partner once walked into the fire in the furnace level and I had to give him the Gatling Gun to make Pro mode doable but it wasn't THAT bad.

So, just to be clear on Capcom's current plan. They want to leave the genre they practically created that fans are craving a return to to enter an already heavily over-saturated market despite their latest attempt being panned by IGN (IGN even hated it, ffs!!).
    Fluich that. I'm not paying for Call of Plagas 6.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

Would anyone like to hazard a guess as when this game will drop below €20? It may be worth picking up at that price just to experience how bad it is. Also as a fan of the series I want to see if there have been any changes to the canon...

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I don't really care about the change in direction. If its a good game I'll get it. I never really found the Resident Evil games to be scary in the first place, which I thought was the point of being a horror game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Would anyone like to hazard a guess as when this game will drop below €20? It may be worth picking up at that price just to experience how bad it is. Also as a fan of the series I want to see if there have been any changes to the canon...

Could be a few months. Personally, I wouldn't bother. The "Call of Duty" quote has killed my interest in this.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

The "Call of Duty" quote has killed my interest in this.

To be honest my heart sank when I heard that too... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm really looking forward to playing this couch-co-op with my mate. I know i'd be better off waiting 6-9 months for the complete edition avec DLC but the trailer has me pretty pumped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Nikky_Bellic

Its mental to pay that price!

But lets be honest, if you really thought the jacket was cool you could find a similiar one in a shop or a knock-off online for a fraction of that price.

I remember buying a similiar Leon jacket from RE4 in Pennies when the game came out :o .. yes i was that sad :o Don't think I ever wore it out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Leon S. Kennedy was in resident evil 4 and back in resident evil 6, so is the Ogre,

Its mental to pay that price!

But lets be honest, if you really thought the jacket was cool you could find a similiar one in a shop or a knock-off online for a fraction of that price.

I remember buying a similiar Leon jacket from RE4 in Pennies when the game came out :o .. yes i was that sad :o Don't think I ever wore it out :o

wear the jacket on the Dublin Zombie walk every one thinks you are Leon S Kennedy to rid world of the unliving, hey wont be there alone there plenty people playing zombie killers there last year

somes scenes in game are very similar to resident evil 4,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'll just wait a few months and buy the jacket on Ebay :p

It's been confirmed that Resi 6 will have regenerating health.

No Hope Left is exactly right Capcom!

nohope.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Sigh. I've been defending RE's new direction, but this infuriates me. I hate regenerating health.

I thoroughly enjoyed Resi 4 and 5 but I suppose the sales are going to the Capcom shareholders' heads. The sales figures for CoD aren't exactly helping the "give the fans what they want" argument either.
    I just wish they could make a full game that played like "Lost in Nightmares" and regain some sort identity again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Fluich that. I'm not paying for Call of Plagas 6.

Yep. I was a little heartbroken after playing 5, as 4 is probably my favorite all time game. This looks worse.

• Advertisement

What does this got do with Call of Duty, Call of Duty not made by capcom its made Activision and not even Survival horror game, this theme is resident evil 6, so the only games should be mention here are resident evil games and other Survival horror games since they belong same family

Since capcom made a statement saying survival horror is dead and call of duty is the template on how to make money. And my hate for capcom was born

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    What does this got do with Call of Duty, Call of Duty not made by capcom its made Activision and not even Survival horror game, this theme is resident evil 6, so the only games should be mention here are resident evil games and other Survival horror games since they belong same family

It would be all fine, but crapcom announced themselfs that they are making resident evil games more action focused, because it works for cod franchise. You should find that statement in this thread.

After checking demo I won't even bother with re6. Resident evil franchise is dead for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Checked out the demo earlier.

Its differernt alright. I actually liked the direction RE4 and RE5 took. This ... while similiar just feels different.

But i'll end up playing the finished game.

i love regenerating health. more chances on Surviving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I hate regenerating health with a passion in any game..it completely takes the tension out of the game...for a game like RE where it's a critical part of the game this move could kill RE once and for all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Which is pretty much the antithesis of what Resident Evil has been about since it defined the survival horror genre in 1996. Even RE5 still had a big emphasis on surviving against overwhelming odds, though it was nothing like the original 3.

I do think the regen health thing has been blown somewhat out of proportion though. It's essentially the same as the health system in Assassin's Creed (only one partially depleted block can be regenerated), except your health potions (made of herbs) heal one block at a time. As long as most enemy attacks can deplete at least one block I don't think it will be a big problem.

In general though I hate regen health. Rather than speed combat up it tends to slow it down. I hope we'll see a return to health items soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Its been reported cut scenes are going to be 244 minutes. over 4 hours cut scenes ekk.
    I hope it is skipable unlike max payne 3.
    On phone so can't link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

What i hated about the Resident Evil 6 Demo:

Aiming: The Aiming looked like it had been pulled from a PS1 shooter. On numerous occasions the player missed a zombie becuase the crosshairs and red dot sight in no way matched up. What was wrong with the aiming from RE4 and to a lesser extent RE5? Why go backwards....

Atmosphere: From what I can make of it, RE6 is being broken into 3 different stories that apparantly all meld together in the end.

Chris: Action adventure with some squad based shenanigans and team mates to boot.
    Leon: Tense settings and some classic gameplay moments (See stuck in an elevator with zombies)
    Jake: Not exactly sure, seems to be a throw up between Devil May Cry and Resident Evil.

The classic Resident Evil mechanics are dead, why they're trying to fuse 3 games into 1 is beyond me but it made the game look cheap and lacking direction. It could work out but from what i seen the game seems lost and in danger of becoming another generic Third person/FPS Shooter.

Enemies: Again, I know they're zombies but even the chaps with guns couldnt hit a barn door with a shovel. AI looks to be a problem. This could be fixed by Release, or it could be another Operation Racoon City all over again.

Inventory: The scariest part of a Resident Evil game was the horrifying thought that you had 1 slot left. You could drop some herbs and risk losing your life for some handgun bullets or take a risk and hope that there wasnt a Licker/Hunter in the next room. This seems to have been forgotten of late and replaced for a quick fire menu that looks completely out of place in a Resident Evil game. This should be one of the things brought back as it still works very well in modern games (See Dead Space)

This game is a fork in the road for Resident Evil games as they can either bring the glory days back or can reside it to being a mockery, Like the House of the Dead with Gick voice acting and all.

• Advertisement

Advertisement