Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6 revealed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Regenerating health...

REGENERATING HEALTH?!

REGENERATING HEALTH IN A RESIDENT EVIL GAME?!?!!?

I want a name. I want to know who did this. I'll get plane tickets and a hammer, I swear to God.

Does it have infinite ammo too? We all know resident evil players hate the whole hassle of resource management.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Anyone who buys this deserves what they get.

I have a pen but look...its a clock too! Give me your money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i havent even looked in to racoon city games prices. i wont be even taking it from bargain bin. Now Re6 is totally dead to me after i sow demo.

i wont lose any sleep for not playing it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Its been reported cut scenes are going to be 244 minutes. over 4 hours cut scenes ekk.
    I hope it is skipable unlike max payne 3.
    On phone so can't link

Metal gear evil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

They're not calling it survival horror anymore. Now it's "dramatic horror". Comparing some of the goofy cutscenes from RE4 with this it looks like RE6 is going to be taking itself way too seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm quite the RE traditionalist, but I reckon RE6 will still be a great game. The idea of regenerating health irritates me, but life's too short to get overly bothered by these things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Mr. K wrote: »
    I'm quite the RE traditionalist, but I reckon RE6 will still be a great game. The idea of regenerating health irritates me, but life's too short to get overly bothered by these things!

Its not that short if your health regenerates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very nice Hamill :D

Anyway, Gamestop have their Limited Edition up on their site for 120 euro.

You get the game, a license plate (useless), a usb bullet key (kinda cool) and an awful cheap looking hoody that you just couldn't wear out. Really bad limited edition

ResidentEvil6_NoHopeLeft.jpg

Apparently Resi 6 is already being sold in Poland. How did the shop get it so early?? Or is it a fake story. I dunno but surely there be more about it like vids popping up on youtube.

http://kotaku.com/5939610/it-looks-like-people-in-poland-are-playing-resident-evil-6-very-very-early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Poor capcom are going to lose a lot of money with the early leak. One report said its available to be downloaded on some sites.
    They should push the release date forward to try stop people making loads off selling on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Poor capcom are going to lose a lot of money with the early leak. One report said its available to be downloaded on some sites.
    They should push the release date forward to try stop people making loads off selling on ebay.

I dunno, stuff always seems to appear on download sites quickly! Once a game goes gold, the pirates are waiting. This game is going to make loads of money one way or the other.

Well if it was just ps3 copies, the leak wouldnt be as bad as if it was pc or xbox. Torrent sites would probably be crashing but I fully agree capcom should release the game early :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Well if it was just ps3 copies, the leak wouldnt be as bad as if it was pc or xbox. Torrent sites would probably be crashing but I fully agree capcom should release the game early :D

Why is that? PS3 games can be pirated aswell

iMuse wrote: »
    sheehy83 wrote: »

Why is that? PS3 games can be pirated aswell

Just that its easier to chip an xbox and play pirate games on pc like I know people that do but I dont know anyone that can play pirate ps3 games.

Im interested to see capcoms responce to this and exactly how copies are out there and where they came from.

Could the guy selling it get in trouble?

strange how there are still 0 bids, surely some richy rich would go for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭soccerbreaker

nice. thanks......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Great news go to capcom Europe store and you can get the leather jacket edition for only 999 euro.
    Bad news only only 1 per customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Not far away now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Does anyone know how long each of the campaigns are?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Demo's on Xbox Live now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I'm kinda bit disappointed with the demo the melee is way too OP and some of the melee moves look like they came straight out of Saint's Row 3. -_- Enemies look so ****ing retarded as well, terrorist zombie turning into jelly arm zombie then into this kind of dog spitting acid. Atmosphere was kinda dull too.

I saw a vid of leon doing like a flying DDT and thought wasn't that in saints row 3? and then I thought WTF IS THAT DOING IN A RESI EVIL GAME!!!

Really, they should have called this something else, just turned it into a new franchise because they are pissing all over the memory of Resident Evil.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I played the demo for this last night (except the third section, was getting late). I can only imagine the initial design meeting for this was a focus group, attended by an even split of CoD fans, Resident Evil fans and then just a load of random other gamers who just kept shouting nonsense. Confused, Capcom decided to develop this strange, frustrating game that tries to please everyone. In doing so, they may struggle to please anyone at all. Too early to call (it is only a demo of random levels), but this taster does little to allay fears that this is going to be an unconvincing patchwork of influences that struggles to retain an identity of its own.

Also, whoever OKed the idiotic aiming system has to be trolling us. And yes, the melee is bizarrely overpowered, to the point where every smaller fight in the demo is basically winnable by just briefly kicking the **** out of everyone. At least some of the context sensitive melee moves are convincing, which cannot be said of the awful QTEs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Did anyone else find the demo very dark, even when I turned the brightness level up high it was still f**king dark!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

50 quid saved, so. Nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Demo sounds awful. Had planned on getting this regardless of reviews as I found RE5 to be mostly decent. Am having second thoughts now. No interest in some WWE style brawler!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Would much rather playing the original Resident Evil on the PS1 many years ago. It's all turned into a bit of a mess lately. Loved the solving of clues in the past and just cool cut scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find the demo very dark, even when I turned the brightness level up high it was still f**king dark!!

Yup, stupidly dark.

Advertisement