Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6 revealed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

This demo will kill more pre-orders than it will create.

grizzly wrote: »
    This demo will kill more pre-orders than it will create.

Totally agree, it's a very bland 3rd person shooter. Controls are clumsy, aiming is horrible etc. there's no atmosphere at all. Loads of ammo and if you run out it's ok, you can punch your way through pretty much all enemies. Graphics are fairly poor too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Have they fixed the screen-tearing? In the original demo it was so bad it was more like the image was ripping itself apart. Worst I've ever seen in a game. And RE5 played so nicely on 360 provided it was on 720p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

So it's ****e, lads?

Can't say I'm surprised, gonna stick on REmake or one of the older games now and wallow in my long lost childhood.

**** you, Capcom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Did anyone notice when you shoot zombies in the body with Leon. The heads fall off the zombies. It was a toss up between this and borderlands 2. Not anymore after the demo.
    Really disappointed with the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jaysus. Dont like the sound of this. Dont like the sound of this at all.

• I honestly don't know what kind of game its supposed to be. Chris campaign honestly feels like a confused military shooter. Using cover is pointless. The camera is awful at times (seems like the characters take up half the screen if that makes sense), melee is way overpowered it felt easier to run up to someone and just beat the right trigger. Seems like I have **** loads of health, I was never under threath of dying no mater how many "Zombies with Guns that move like humans" shot me. It seems to me that the have removed specific body shots in favour of just riddling the enemy anywhere and there head still pops off. The only thing I can appreciate is that they have now allowed you to shoot and move.

I desperatly wanted to make myself enjoy it, as I love the franchise and I actually enjoyed Resident Evil 5 as I played the balls out of the co-op.
    Jakes campaign was identical to Chris campaign, chaotic mess.
    And as for Leons Campaign, it tries to slow the game down but again fails to deliver any suspense or scares. Just smaller, darker corridors and less enemies but still plays the same as above.

I have yet to play co-op so I can't comment on what it play like with a freind.
    Passing judgement on demo is a mixed bag, will there a build up of suspense at the start of the game I don't know, but from I played in the demo I was not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Just started resi 6 with leon story fornthe first time

I just stomped on a zombie leg and his head came off O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

This series has been going in the wrong direction since RE4. Yeah, RE4 was a great game and all but it wasnt a true survival horror game. 5 was just a co-op full on shooter. The demo for 6....my god, at least 5 was a competent shooter, this demo is absolutely ****ing tragic.

I dont even know where to start. Leons mission, the animations are just awful. Leon runs like his shoulder is glued to his cheek. special mention needs to go to the cutscene where you trigger the metal detector, its like capcom didnt even try, the zombies run at you with like 1 frame of animation like a benny hill chase scene or something.
    Also, the fact that its 100% obvious youre going to set off the metal detector, yet you cant climb over the 2 foot high barrier beside it, is ****ing moronic.
    The zombies who only 'activate' when you step over them, even if you shoot them beforehand, nothing happens, no hit detection, not even a puff of blood. But stand on them and RAAAARG its alive.
    The hud is confusing as ****. Whoever designed it needs a kick. The melee is so OP you barely need weapons. Leon has a retarded scene where he tries to talk the zombie president back to humanity. Leon, youve killed more zombies than hitler did jews, and yet now you try and implore the zombie president "no please! Mr president zombie! We can talk about this!". ****ing stupid.

Chris' mission wants to be call of duty crossed with Gears of war, only a million times ****tier than either of them. I could only stomach about 5 minutes of it before turning it off. Bad gunplay, horribly designed (the BSAA conveniently blend in perfectly with the zombies with guns so youve no idea who to shoot), cover system is a mess, grpahics are worse than RE5....its a ****ing disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

This series has been going in the wrong direction since RE4. Yeah, RE4 was a great game and all but it wasnt a true survival horror game. 5 was just a co-op full on shooter. The demo for 6....my god, at least 5 was a competent shooter, this demo is absolutely ****ing tragic.

I dont even know where to start. Leons mission, the animations are just awful. Leon runs like his shoulder is glued to his cheek. special mention needs to go to the cutscene where you trigger the metal detector, its like capcom didnt even try, the zombies run at you with like 1 frame of animation like a benny hill chase scene or something.
    Also, the fact that its 100% obvious youre going to set off the metal detector, yet you cant climb over the 2 foot high barrier beside it, is ****ing moronic.
    The zombies who only 'activate' when you step over them, even if you shoot them beforehand, nothing happens, no hit detection, not even a puff of blood. But stand on them and RAAAARG its alive.
    The hud is confusing as ****. Whoever designed it needs a kick. The melee is so OP you barely need weapons. Leon has a retarded scene where he tries to talk the zombie president back to humanity. Leon, youve killed more zombies than hitler did jews, and yet now you try and implore the zombie president "no please! Mr president zombie! We can talk about this!". ****ing stupid.

Chris' mission wants to be call of duty crossed with Gears of war, only a million times ****tier than either of them. I could only stomach about 5 minutes of it before turning it off. Bad gunplay, horribly designed (the BSAA conveniently blend in perfectly with the zombies with guns so youve no idea who to shoot), cover system is a mess, grpahics are worse than RE5....its a ****ing disaster.

You can turn the hud off thats what I did so glad capcom put that option in there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I quite enjoyed RE4 and 5. RE4 was a brilliant step in a new direction, 5 was flawed but fun. Is RE6 really this bad? From the looks of things, Capcom is trying to keep old fans while drawing in new ones by mimicking Call of Duty and it's ilk. And failing. Hard. It depresses me when companies do this. It's the same in music, just greed plain and simple. People who play Resi don't want CoD, they want horror. There's no point trying to do 2 things at once and failing at both.
    Anyway, rant over. I might pick this up second hand after a few months.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

downloaded it, its awful. you cant see anything in Leons mission, its way too dark, had to crank up the ingame brightness, the aiming is all over the place, the animation is godawful. the camera position is way too close to the characters. well thats saved me money, cheers capcom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I...didn't think the aiming was too bad. I wasn't crazy about Chris or Jake's sections, but I'm surprised by the overwhelming negativity here.

Mr. K wrote: »
    I...didn't think the aiming was too bad. I wasn't crazy about Chris or Jake's sections, but I'm surprised by the overwhelming negativity here.

Me too im still massively looking forward to to this

I also had no problems seeing in leons section its ment to be dark
    But that still did not stop me from seeing what was going on

I do agree that the camera is abit close to the characters but I can still play it no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

biggebruv wrote: »

I do agree that the camera is abit close to the characters but I can still play it no problems

The camera angle didn't bother me too much, it was more the idea that capcom seem to think if you can't see what's happening clearly that makes it survival horror that worried me. I was ready to just go out and buy the game but to be honest that demo has just put me off a bit.

biggebruv wrote: »

The camera angle didn't bother me too much, it was more the idea that capcom seem to think if you can't see what's happening clearly that makes it survival horror that worried me. I was ready to just go out and buy the game but to be honest that demo has just put me off a bit.

But in leons demo it was just one passing section we played theres a whole lot more to explore

The carpark
    The traintracks
    Sewers
    Some of the the city aswell
    The rest of ivy uni

Resident evil will never be survival horror anymore its adventure action to me but I welcome the dark halls of ivy uni in leons section and the more slower paced style which im sure will definatly change as leon progress

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I played the demo... This game is so horrifyingly ****e I don't even know where to start. Everything about it is so bad. Oh how the mighty have fallen.... I laughed all the way through the demo... So ****. I miss the survival horror. 1/10 for graphics.

fufureida wrote: »
    I played the demo... This game is so horrifyingly ****e I don't even know where to start. Everything about it is so bad. Oh how the mighty have fallen.... I laughed all the way through the demo... So ****. I miss the survival horror. 1/10 for graphics.

you having a laugh 1/10 for graphics well jaysus what gets a 2/10 from you:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

No matter how bad the movies/games are these days I will prob still devote myself to them I dont know why, could be something to do with how they captivated me as a kid.
    26386949836800353686850.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have to agree with all the negative reviews on here, I love Resident Evil cleared all of them multiple times , and i loved 5 too really like the new setting in Africa , But this...this....****E

Its so bad i watched a mate blitz through Chris's campaign, Was like Call of Duty with all the silly soldiers everywhere.....Did Leons one and found it boring as hell and just wanted to finish it as fast as possible

the last guy Jake...same why must there be two characters constantly ruins it in this game it was a mere distraction in 5 but this one going on the demo just feels broken and unfinished very dissapointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Damn, sounds like one hell of a disappointment. Might pick it up from a bargain bin down the line. So that's two bad Resi games in a row?

Damn, sounds like one hell of a disappointment. Might pick it up from a bargain bin down the line. So that's two bad Resi games in a row?

The full game is not even out yet you could at least wait till reviews start pouring in from people who have actually played the full yaknow 7-8hr experiance of the game and not just a 30-40 min demo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Tbf Resident Evil Revelations is apparently quite good(i'm awaiting a price drop to see for myself). But 6 looks quite poor coming after 5 which was a huge disappointment for many including myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Augmerson wrote: »
    Jesus.

that actually does happen, its ridiculous. "no Mr President don't!" fcuking SERIOUSLY?! he's clearly a zombie, yeah Leon, that'll help. its insultingly bad writing in a series thats never been known for coherent scriptwriting. RIP Resident Evil: 1996-2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I fully trust what people are saying here as Capcom are complete idiots and haven't listened to its playerbase in a very long time!

It actually makes me mad that they can allow some dickhead made a decision based on "Duuurrr Call of Dooty sold 8 gazillion copies last year, it's what the resident evil fanbase want, hurrr".

Fúck you Capcom!! :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Played the demo. Pretty poor, although not as dire as people are making out here.

Will wait for a few reviews first.

What are the chances of any stores in dublin breaking the street date and putting this out on friday LOL

I hate these new tuesday releases :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i posted a article on this thread awhile back of capcom admitting they are making resident evil 6 a cod sort of game in terms of action so i was not surprised by resident evil feeling more western than previous games so thats not the problem for me, The problem lies with chris and jake (i believe his name his) story. i dont know what exactly what capcom are planning but they basically killed the resident evil name.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

****e game

hated number 5 well i didnt hate it i just didnt like it but it was playable til the end then it started to collect dust
    but this game
    my god its an insult to call it resident evil
    ORC was better then this
    and i hated that game with a passion
    extremely disapointed ha

Advertisement