Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6 revealed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

saiint wrote: »
    ****e game

hated number 5 well i didnt hate it i just didnt like it but it was playable til the end then it started to collect dust
    but this game
    my god its an insult to call it resident evil
    ORC was better then this
    and i hated that game with a passion
    extremely disapointed ha

You played a 30min demo cant you at least wait to hear peoples opinion about the full game that should last around 7-8hours ?

Fair enough if you just plain hate this direction resident evil has taken since 4 but im gonna enjoy whats good now resident evil back then was good and it worked

That resident evil would just not work with todays masses
    The resident evil we have now is good IMO very different but still very good

You have B.O.Ws
    a whole new infected town again like racoon city
    Zombies are back with a different style
    Major returning characters
    Leon,Chris,Sherry and Ada
    Characters invovled in the franchise since resident evil 1+2

I really dont think its an insult to call it resident evil and im a massive fan of the orginal psone+ gamcube games still love them today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

It seems like there's a decent zombie-killing game behind it all but when playing the Leon demo the choppy framerate and loose controls made it feel like an unfinished game. Some of the new gameplay elements are really poorly conceived, like the weird QTE thing at the end where you're looking for the car keys. Although I still found that a load of fun, it was hilarious. But I don't think that was the intention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

So am I the only person who liked it then? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

biggebruv wrote: »
    You played a 30min demo cant you at least wait to hear peoples opinion about the full game that should last around 7-8hours ?

Fair enough if you just plain hate this direction resident evil has taken since 4 but im gonna enjoy whats good now resident evil back then was good and it worked

That resident evil would just not work with todays masses
    The resident evil we have now is good IMO very different but still very good

You have B.O.Ws
    a whole new infected town again like racoon city
    Zombies are back with a different style
    Major returning characters
    Leon,Chris,Sherry and Ada
    Characters invovled in the franchise since resident evil 1+2

I really dont think its an insult to call it resident evil and im a massive fan of the orginal psone+ gamcube games still love them today

hate the direction
    the survival horror atmosphere is gone

i dont mind if people like it, its their opinion no problem
    but i just hate it and in my opinion it shouldnt be called resident evil anymore cause it doesnt feel like it, doesnt play like it
    theirs more gun action in this game then their is in cod lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

• Advertisement

Famitsu is rubbish. Most of their reviews are "I liked the graphics. Lots of variety with characters. So cool 9/10"

snausages wrote: »
    Famitsu is rubbish. Most of their reviews are "I liked the graphics. Lots of variety with characters. So cool 9/10"

They are a bit erratic with their scoring all right. There's one reviewer who gives every RPG 10/10! :D

Still though - 3 of their 4 reviewers gave it 10/10 so maybe the final product is better than the demo (let me hope you damned realists! :P)

penev10 wrote: »
    They are a bit erratic with their scoring all right. There's one reviewer who gives every RPG 10/10! :D

Still though - 3 of their 4 reviewers gave it 10/10 so maybe the final product is better than the demo (let me hope you damned realists! :P)

Maybe. I'm certainly not discounting the possibility that RE6 is a 10/10 game but I never understood this mythical status that Famitsu has over here. Their reviews are so short and perfunctory that they tell you little more than what can be gleamed from reading the manual. You'd think as well with four different reviewers there'd be a little more heterogeneity in their opinions. For four different people to give RE6 a near perfect score suggests that it must be flawless. FFXII got four perfect reviews as well but ask a random selection of FF fans what they think of it and you'll get all sorts of different opinions (I happen to love it for what it's worth, wouldn't give it a 10 though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Dunno if it's been mentioned but apparently the main reviewer dude at GameSpot hates it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think most people are under the impression famitsu are hard to pleasure therefore their good reviews are very significant :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

not even going to buy the second hand copy of this :S Spent 10e on RE5 and wasted my time on that (you are looking at the person who bought every RE games prior RE5). May be some people like RE5/6 but they are just not my RE anymore :(

In fairness RE is the foreigner known name while 'Biohazard' is what japanese knows the game as. So yeah, the lack of talents dev who took over the game turned RE into some embarrassing product is pretty much expected.

I watched the demo played on youtube and hate alot of things in the game, especially like that countdown of the distance to your destination, like, dude, they just take away everything that build up the tension and the potential moments of 'OMG i am so scared what if some **** jumps out at that corner?!' (which happened a tonne in old RE until 5).

I have moved on since RE5, bad script on Jill is just unforgivable.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    not even going to buy the second hand copy of this :S Spent 10e on RE5 and wasted my time on that (you are looking at the person who bought every RE games prior RE5). May be some people like RE5/6 but they are just not my RE anymore :(

In fairness RE is the foreigner known name while 'Biohazard' is what japanese knows the game as. So yeah, the lack of talents dev who took over the game turned RE into some embarrassing product is pretty much expected.

I watched the demo played on youtube and hate alot of things in the game, especially like that countdown of the distance to your destination, like, dude, they just take away everything that build up the tension and the potential moments of 'OMG i am so scared what if some **** jumps out at that corner?!' (which happened a tonne in old RE until 5).

I have moved on since RE5, bad script on Jill is just unforgivable.

you know you can turn the hud thing off right:confused:

and if you liked RE of old then you should definatly get resident evil revelations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

biggebruv wrote: »
    you know you can turn the hud thing off right:confused:

and if you liked RE of old then you should definatly get resident evil revelations
    lol I didn't know that and that is just a weird decision they give us :S

My brother has revelations and he highly recommended it to me but i dont have time to play it yet:(

tbh gameplay video like this looked very good so i actually hope the final product can convince me it is not that bad:

Some dude livestreaming: http://instagib.tv/rom

Lots of bang boom explosions and stuff

seraphimvc wrote: »
    lol I didn't know that and that is just a weird decision they give us :S

My brother has revelations and he highly recommended it to me but i dont have time to play it yet:(

tbh gameplay video like this looked very good so i actually hope the final product can convince me it is not that bad:

Im still excited to get this on tuesday despite the negative reaction its getting online

I wish it was out tomorrow though for the weekend

if any stores break the street date please do tell:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

cloud493 wrote: »
    I think most people are under the impression famitsu are hard to pleasure therefore their good reviews are very significant :pac:

Actually Famitsu have been ousted numerous time for the questionable relationship between editorial and advertising teams, as well as various other conflict of interests (e.g.: Konami and Famitsu). As the most famous international gaming magazine, they have gained prestige abroad: and indeed they might once have been worthy of such praise. But, like an Official Playstation or Xbox magazine over here, their scores have to be approached with cynicism these days.

Also, Japanese gamers have genuinely bat**** taste in games :pac:

I'm still quietly hoping the finished product will not be as disastrously unfocused and embarrassingly compromised as the demo. Famitsu, however, are no longer the prestigious proclaimers of quality they may once have been.

Does anybody have any prices for this yet?

Xtravision dont seem to have a set price i was told 50 or 55 lol ok well that helped ! Not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Capcom have sold out, they care more about making money than pleasing the fans of the Original RE games,they know theres more of a fanbase for first person shooters and all out action type games and they also know that some diehard re fans will still buy this rubbish, I will be giving this a miss, to be honest dark souls has more in common with the original re games than this type of ****e

Would much rather playing the original Resident Evil on the PS1 many years ago. It's all turned into a bit of a mess lately. Loved the solving of clues in the past and just cool cut scenes.

I still play re1 on the gamecube, this symphony of the night are the best games ever made

Capcom "sold out" when they re-released RE1 with horrible dualshock controls. The problem here is that RE has lost its primacy in the action genre and as a reaction to this change we have what someone else mentioned, a hodgepodge of other influences thrown into the mix just for the hell of it.

Capcom picked the wrong series to reboot.

• Advertisement

A lot of people seem to hold the belief that an old-school RE game would sell, if so why has no other company spotted this and released an old-school survival horror to the rapturous reception of critics and players alike?

Sales wise the franchise peaked at RE2 with 3 selling a good bit less. RE3 was criticized for a lack of innovation in gameplay and sticking with the same turgid controls. The next installment (Code Veronica) tried new locations, improved plot and a better dodge move to address the criticism but it sold an all time low for the franchise. Capcom answered back with Zero (with innovative partner based gameplay and lost the storage chests) and then Outbreak, trying online play and multiple scenarios and more practical puzzles. Another all time low in sales.

Old-school RE was dead in the water 10 years ago.

A lot of people seem to hold the belief that an old-school RE game would sell, if so why has no other company spotted this and released an old-school survival horror to the rapturous reception of critics and players alike?

Sales wise the franchise peaked at RE2 with 3 selling a good bit less. RE3 was criticized for a lack of innovation in gameplay and sticking with the same turgid controls. The next installment (Code Veronica) tried new locations, improved plot and a better dodge move to address the criticism but it sold an all time low for the franchise. Capcom answered back with Zero (with innovative partner based gameplay and lost the storage chests) and then Outbreak, trying online play and multiple scenarios and more practical puzzles. Another all time low in sales.

Old-school RE was dead in the water 10 years ago.

Dark Souls isnt graphically brillant but is a class game and has everything any re fan would like

Dark Souls isnt graphically brillant but is a class game and has everything any re fan would like
    Totally agree, I was often creeping around the desolate landscapes of DS with genuine fear of what was coming next.

Graphics aren't technically cutting edge but art design is up there with the best the medium has to offer imo.

Still not an old-school survival horror though.

Totally agree, I was often creeping around the desolate landscapes of DS with genuine fear of what was coming next.

Graphics aren't technically cutting edge but art design is up there with the best the medium has to offer imo.

Still not an old-school survival horror though.

Have you played alan wake , that would be rightup your alley

Ive never played this but I think I would over re6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVi7fedHXzw

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Saw a review in play magazine earlier. 88%.

Not that bad, i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm, will wait for more reviews but could this have been a case of a s**t demo but an actual ok game? Obviously, like RE5, a crap RE game but a good game overall on its own merits.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Hrm, will wait for more reviews but could this have been a case of a s**t demo but an actual ok game? Obviously, like RE5, a crap RE game but a good game overall on its own merits.

Good question. To be fair, if there is supposed to be any tension, surely you wouldn't really feel it in a demo? I havent played a demo in years (revelations aside, and that was just to see the 3d). They used to give them away with the official playstation magazine, and every one seemed rubbish to me. Including ico. Make of that what you will.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

For me, Code Veronica felt like a string of puzzles and a few cutscenes. Resi 3 was the first one I played and Nemesis genuinely scared the living crap out of me. That said, REmake had quite a few innovative touches to make it feel fresh as well as having redesigned areas. Does anyone know if Lost in Nightmares sold well? I would have thought a full length version of something similar to that would have been the ideal choice for the next Resi.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

Capcom have sold out, they care more about making money than pleasing the fans of the Original RE

I love the ol survival horror as much as anyone, but you cant really accuse a business of "selling out" in order to make money. That's their entire purpose. Its sucks, in some ways, but if they werent making money, they wouldn't be making any games at all.

As was said above, an old style resi wouldnt sell at all these days, cos its been done at least five times.

What we need is some innovation, but it wouldn't be innovation if it was on tap for every sequel.

For what it's worth, at this point, i'll be buying it on tuesday. But with reservations i haven't had for a proper resi before.

Advertisement