Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen E30 parts

• 20-01-2012 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Hope it's ok to post on here - Could it be stickied for a few days?

Quick post to try and assist one of our E30Owners members 'age' (Adrian) who had some items stolen from his shed in Cork last night (18/01/2012).

If you hear or see of any of the following items for sale then please contact 'age' on E30owners or let me know on here and I can forward anything

What was taken;

A daytona violet e30 shell, VIN will be posted on E30owners later.
    A half built m42 with a modified inlet manifold
    An eaton m45 supercharger
    An intercooler was mounted behind the headlight grills and the shell has be modified to accomodate this

A light blue compressor
    An assortment of air tools

A set of 14 inch bbs, one pink

A 6 drawer tool box filled with brit tool, the 16mm and 19mm spanners are bent from swinging off them with a pipe and the ratchet has a few hammer marks.

A 99 Ford Transit was seen heading towards the Blarney area at around 3am.
    Acorrding to the person who saw it it had a KY or possibly a KK reg and had a car transporter with a cover in tow.

Link to thread: http://e30owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17220

Posting on behalf of "Age" who had his parts stolen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

---Update 20/01/2012---

The car related bits have been found,
    The shell was cut into peices which were inside 2 e34 shells
    Along with what the scrap guy said looked like half an engine.
    it was dropped in early this morning,
    guards have said that money may be reclaimed from the dealer as he didnt check vin numbers before taking the cars and didnt issue c.o.d's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

jozi wrote: »
    ---Update 20/01/2012---

guards have said that money may be reclaimed from the dealer as he didnt check vin numbers before taking the cars and didnt issue c.o.d's

He should get banged up for 12 months as well for assisting a crime. Sorry for your troubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭couldntthink

Absolute bastar*s. I have an E30 and if anyone ****ed with it I'd be pissed.

Why would someone steal an empty E30 shell for scrap. Hardly worth the effort of loading it on a trailer, cutting it up, and putting inside other cars. Not to mention the risk, just for scrap value? They're not that heavy.

Did the owner piss someone off or have a beef with anyone? If they were just ordinary thieves I doubt they would be hauling around a car transporter, and pushing an empty shell onto it, not exactly inconspicuous.

Don't really know, that was thrown around on E30owners as well. Other reason might be that they knew there was a freshly painted car there but thought it would have been complete.

Whats your user name on E30owners.com? Sign up if your not a member, our big meet this year will be to celebrate 30yrs of E30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭couldntthink

I didn't even know about that site. I must sign up.

• Advertisement

Do, there's a lot of knowledgeable people on there. I've made quite a few friends through it and got to know many more good people. Just be prepared to show of your E30 :p

Advertisement