Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! mouldy eyed fish problem

Options
  • 20-01-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

One of the Mollies has a coating of what I can only describe as mould on it's eyes and some fish had tiny whit spots but these went away after treatment. A guppy died 2 days ago with no visible signs of disease (this maybe completley unrelated, only have the tank a few months and have had healthy fish until now ...I read somewhere on another thread that snails can introduce infection. we've recently had a snail epidemic (came in on plants) Is this the cause? What should I do? Googled it already but am afraid to read anymore after seeing a story where a whole tank died after a mouldy eye infection. Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Get to a good petshop and get a bottle of eSHa 2000. It's usually the best wide spectrum treatment for fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 birdlake

Thanks for the replies, my boyf put in some white spot treatment and they looked healthy again after a few days but then we lost another guppy so have to keep a close eye and look into that eha 2000 stuff maybe. On the upside there's a tiny little baby guppy after appearing that somehow escaped being eaten...hopefully he's smart enough to hide out until he's a bit bigger! :D

Advertisement