Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection probs/advice needed?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hi guys,im hoping someone can help me with a problem i have with my 360,the console has been retired for a few years but my interest has been renewed as of late and im having some connection issues and will try to explain it as best i can in the hope that i get the advice/help i need,First of all let me say that when i first used the 360 i had no problem playing online and did so for a few weeks,and that time i was using a different broadband provider and a different modem which was a wireless service(airwave internet)im now on fixed line with eircom 8mb(more like 2mb)and today when i tried to play an avi file for the first time i got the message that i needed to download some software first but the download failed and a message suggested that i test my connection which fails,and then i get a message to sign in to xbox live but im then prompted to update xbox live but the update fails and im referred to xbox.com/support,now i presume its just an ip address issue but cant figure where to go from here,when i go through the motions and test xbox live i get :network connected-internet connected, then before the test completes i get a message(system update is available from xbox live but the update then fails,im using an eircom supplied netopia modem and i have it working ok with a linux reciever and have had no problem so far so i would say the modem itself is working fine,has anyone any ideas i could try,regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

it sounds like you should manually install the update using a DVD/ USB. Here's a link how to do it, there are a lot of other guides around too: Here

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

thanks for the reply and link,i will have a look into it and see if i can get it sorted,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

in the end i found out my problem was with the netopia modem from eircom,after a google i found there are know issues with these modem/routers and xbox live and some guy has uploaded a very helpfull set of instructions which did the trick,now im having problems signing in to xbox live as i get a message that a different gamer tag is assigined to my email,will look into that after,the links you supplied done the trick and i was able to burn the update files to dish and install the update with the cd then,thanks for the help.regards
    http://xbox360help.blogspot.com/2007/09/xbox-live-eircom-router-netopia.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement