Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do people slag people with Red/Ginger/Auburn Hair so much?

• 20-01-2012 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

just wondering why do people jeer and make fun of people with this colour hair so much? i mean the stuff that is said to them is really hurtful sometimes and makes people feel so ugly the want to dye it. not all gingers are ugly even, the best looking girl in my year has auburn/brownish hair like. i have brown hair but i'm just wondering if people feel bad about jeering someone for being overweight, having bad skin or other appearance issues why do they say hurtful things about gingers so much? :/
    is laughing and making someone feel bad about their appearance not only a form of bullying but just a sign of immaturity? I'm 18 and i've heard girls say "I don't like her." "why" "because her hair is so ginger."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Because they have no souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Because it's funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Jealousy, duh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Because they're unoriginal and they saw it on South Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 theneed2rock

What's the difference between a ginger and a brick?

The brick gets laid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

if anyone takes ginger jokes seriously they're pretty dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

Because it's funny.

yeah but it's not funny for the person being jeered, it makes them loose confidence and feel bad. say you had some part of your appearance you were insecure about would you like it if people constantly put you down for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Because they are genetically inferior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I find dark red hair on a girl VERY attractive.

Men just look semi-albino most of the time:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Because it's very slightly different from the norm and therefore must be persecuted to the fullest extent.

Though red-headed girls can be quite hot.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

if anyone takes ginger jokes seriously they're pretty dumb.

Nice ninja edit! :D

xclw wrote: »
    yeah but it's not funny for the person being jeered, it makes them loose confidence and feel bad. say you had some part of your appearance you were insecure about would you like it if people constantly put you down for it?

Shut up ye *insert relevant insult here*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

just wondering why do people jeer and make fun of people with this colour hair so much? i mean the stuff that is said to them is really hurtful sometimes and makes people feel so ugly the want to dye it. not all gingers are ugly even, the best looking girl in my year has auburn/brownish hair like. i have brown hair but i'm just wondering if people feel bad about jeering someone for being overweight, having bad skin or other appearance issues why do they say hurtful things about gingers so much? :/
    is laughing and making someone feel bad about their appearance not only a form of bullying but just a sign of immaturity? I'm 18 and i've heard girls say "I don't like her." "why" "because her hair is so ginger."

She must be a redhead not a ginger. Everyone knows gingers are disgustingly ugly terrible things.
    *shudders thinking about them*

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Junior Jacon Jeese Jurger

Because they have to wear suncream in winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

TheZohan wrote: »
    Nice ninja edit! :D

:cool:

twas a hairy moment! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

There is an old fishermans superstition,which is, that if you meet a red haired woman on the way to the boat, it's bad luck and you shouldn't go to sea that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

It's only the souless weird eyebrow and befreckled redheads I slag in fairness.

I saw a ginger friend of mine today. He's after getting all fat and he was walking back from the shops the fat bastard all jiggly like.

I instantly felt an unbridled hatred towards him.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭lanternchikk

Proof that gingers do have souls!

• Advertisement

I don't think many adults would do it to a redhead's face, and any time I hear slagging it's clearly not meant to be taken seriously (though that of course doesn't mean that the target won't take it seriously).

Any serious prejudice against our fiery-follicled brethren would be horrible, I agree, but I don't know that it happens that often.

I suppose it originates from countries like the U.S in particular where that hair colour isn't so common and thus stands out.

And personally I think red-headed girls can be gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

You have ranked some girl the best looking girl in your year for the same reasons other rank some girls lower for having imperfections or differences (based on the standard which no one has to adhere to) its nature and nurture, mostly nurture. Red hair is different and rare and wasn't always socially acceptable historically.. a lot of hair colours are frowned upon bright (false colours) or grey usually., weight has always been a status symbol thing, good skin is difficult to achieve or maintain.
    It doesn't end once you reach 25, its just what our society is and a sign that we are all animals trying to mate with each other.
    All you can do is grow a thick skin and be an activist for what you believe in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Gingers are a minority. Minorities are hated.

If I was a ginger girl,
    na na na na na

Then I'd have all the sun cream in the world,
    If I was a ginger gir-r-r-l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

They have a hard time beyond the slags. I reckon they're discriminated against in Ireland. You'll hardly ever see a ginger politician or well off person in the media for example, but you take a walk thru council estates I guarantee you'll see a disproportionate number ginger kids roaming the streets.

I'd get ESRI to do a study but I'm too tired to contact them right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ugly the whole lot of em

gsxr1 wrote: »

Great, a quick and easy way to know which posters to put on ignore!

:pac: kidding!

• Advertisement

The first one's pretty hot but I'll call shenanigans on Rihanna as it's not her natural hair colour.
    However, if you put Karen Gillan in front of me right now, I'd ginge her all night long. (if she wanted to)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

rossie1977 wrote: »
    ugly the whole lot of em

Whose that?

Fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Gingers are a minority. Minorities are hated.

Yes, we're a minority. And as such should be entitled to some sort of state subsidy. I call it a 'gingidy'.

Of course, those with a lighter 'carrot top' hue should be entitled to far more as they suffer daily hardships and virginity problems. While darker, auburn red heads like myself would be on a lower scale.

People with freckles should get a bonus every Christmas, too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

This one of a long list of english tv soap opera nonsenses that they originally aimed at scotch/irish people until sarah lard-arse whats-er-face and yer man out of simple and ginger arrived on the scene. this was all of 20 years ago but sean & sally o'chav have only picked up on it in the last week or so, courtesy of ireland's brightest three-letter word daily - sample head-lines = "the cat sat on the hat" or "see the big dog cry" or "red is bad, see".

mathepac wrote: »
    This one of a long list of english tv soap opera nonsenses that they originally aimed at scotch/irish people until sarah lard-arse whats-er-face and yer man out of simple and ginger arrived on the scene. this was all of 20 years ago but sean & sally o'chav have only picked up on it in the last week or so, courtesy of ireland's brightest three-letter word daily - sample head-lines = "the cat sat on the hat" or "see the big dog cry" or "red is bad, see".

I'm still trying to work out who this is?

• Advertisement

Sindri wrote: »
    Whose that?

Seriously who is that.

I ride the bayjaysus off of her.

I'm getting agitated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Red-heads are hot.

Seriously who is that.

It's probably his sister/daughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Seriously who is that.

I'm getting agitated.

She is a child. :confused:

Underdraft wrote: »
    It's probably his sister/daughter.

No I'm an artist and I'd like to paint her, like one of my French hussies.

:rolleyes:

Such beauty.:)

• Advertisement

She is a child. :confused:

She is in her hole.

And if she is then so am I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Its funny because they are sad :D

Someone ****ing answer me.

I'm enamoured.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Underdraft wrote: »
    I'm still trying to work out who this is?

Sarah "I'm-So-Broke-And-My-Arse-Is-So-Big-I-Only-Ride-Elephants" Massive-Ferguson and Mick "Huckleberry Finn" Hucknel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

My best friend is a red head.
    No hair, just a red head. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

policarp wrote: »
    My best friend is a red head.
    No hair, just a red head. . .

There's a bloke like that in my local.

loves a pint. all of them.

Karen Gillan in front of me right now, I'd ginge her all night long. (if she wanted to)

She's hot. Still won't get me watching Dr. Who though.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Ficheall wrote: »
    Red-heads are hot.

Hit the nail on the head there. Gingers though, that's another story...

Redhead-or-Ginger.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Just a visitor

...because they look like this second-chance-education-project-for-women.jpg :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Steady on lad you'll pull the top offa that yoke.

Redhead.

Ginger.

And in other news, stop watching so much south park ye wasters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement