Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unmet Direct Debit charges - not specified on sign up for dd

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Every charge payable is always stated in the contract T&Cs. You should be making it your business to go and find out the T&Cs if you are concerned that some operator doesn't specifically list every single clause and condition of your contract (which would be ridiculous, irritating and time consuming).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

token101 wrote: »
    Every charge payable is always stated in the contract T&Cs. You should be making it your business to go and find out the T&Cs if you are concerned that some operator doesn't specifically list every single clause and condition of your contract (which would be ridiculous, irritating and time consuming).
    What they say in the meteor T & C is that there may be a charge for unpaid DD but they do not say how much this will be.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    What they say in the meteor T & C is that there may be a charge for unpaid DD but they do not say how much this will be.

Then ask!!! Maybe it changes? Should they print new T&Cs every time the banks/company make an adjustment? That would be costly and wasteful.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If an "operator" doesn't specifically list every single clause and condition of a contract then how can they be considered to be in a contract?:rolleyes:

Then ask!!! Maybe it changes? Should they print new T&Cs every time the banks/company make an adjustment? That would be costly and wasteful.
    this payment has nothing to do with the banks! the bank charges me €12.70 for a returned DD, they don't charge meteor anything but meteor charge an administration fee for the extra paperwork.

• Advertisement

Because meteor then has to go back and send you into the debt system which takes effort and time. Why shouldn't they charge an admin fee? You've broken your contract. Is it really a big deal to ask what the story is when your DD bounces?

Because meteor then has to go back and send you into the debt system which takes effort and time. Why shouldn't they charge an admin fee? You've broken your contract. Is it really a big deal to ask what the story is when your DD bounces?
    all these charges should be listed though!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

foggy_lad wrote: »
    all these charges should be listed though!

Indeed! Why would any reputable company not be happy to list any charges which a customer might face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Dub45, my apologies, I've read back whole thread and I'm afraid that between posts I lost track of who posted what, my posts were based on the assumption that the reason a dd is returned unpaid and charges applied by the provider is because there is insufficient funds in the account, i accept you did not state that this was the case and I have removed my incorrect posts, again my sincere apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

davo10 and dub45 - I don't know what kind of mating dance is going on between the pair of you, but I've closed one thread because of it, and I don't want to close another.

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement