Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC on FX1

• 20-01-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Main card

Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Jim Miller[1]
    Heavyweight bout: Pat Barry vs. Christian Morecraft[1]
    Bantamweight bout: Mike Easton vs. Jared Papazian[1]
    Welterweight bout: Duane Ludwig vs. Josh Neer[1]
    Preliminary card (Fuel TV)
    Bantamweight bout: Joseph Sandoval vs. Nick Denis[1]
    Featherwight bout: Daniel Pineda vs. Pat Schilling[1]
    Lightweight bout: Fabrício Camões vs. Tommy Hayden[1]
    Welterweight bout: Charlie Brenneman vs. Daniel Roberts[1]
    Lightweight bout: Kamal Shalorus vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov[1]
    Middleweight bout: Jorge Rivera vs. Eric Schafer[1]

Actually not a bad card, main event should be good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dickdasterly

Just to be clear and to let people know this is on ESPN show start time is 2am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Tonight though, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Tonight though, right?

Yeah it's tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Are prelims broadcast anywhere?

No don't think there being shown on Facebook but I will have a look and post up if it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

I'd hazard a guess that the prelims will be shown on UFC.tv for us. They have been for the last few events. You just have to sign up for a login to the site.

Delighted that this is on at 2am, I was really annoyed to hear that they had decided to change back to their PPV events starting at 3am.

This is an excellent card though it has to be said. The prelims matches up to the main card fairly well with the exception of Miller/Guillard. That's a fantastic fight IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Prelims are not on the UFC.tv website or Facebook. To find a stream I go :(

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Prelims are not on the UFC.tv website or Facebook. To find a stream I go :(
    They are on ufc.tv
    http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/event/prelims/1100#_=_

I must be blind. Thank goodness for that

This is very weird.

• Advertisement

This is very weird.
    It really is but I am sure it will make for a nice change. Rogan and Goldberg have been really annoying me lately.

That didn't last long

The stay tuned screen is annoying, they should put something on for us while the ads are on in America

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

quick start in the first haha

Second fight didn't last much longer

another quick fight

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    It really is but I am sure it will make for a nice change. Rogan and Goldberg have been really annoying me lately.

yeah its good for a change, with the amount of events on now its good to change things up, think i would rather annik than goldie

pauldoo wrote: »
    yeah its good for a change, with the amount of events on now its good to change things up, think i would rather annik than goldie

personally i would like 2 mma commentators for example mir and bas as i would think it would provide a good difference of opinion

Hococop wrote: »
    pauldoo wrote: »

personally i would like 2 mma commentators for example mir and bas as i would think it would provide a good difference of opinion
    Mir and bas would be a great pair

How do you register? Do you need to put payment detail in does it cost anything, thought that was for customers in the states only.

• Advertisement

How do you register? Do you need to put payment detail in does it cost anything, thought that was for customers in the states only.
    Doesnt cost anything I registered with Facebook

No you don't need to put in payment details. Just a username, password and a valid email for verification. You can log in with your facebook details if you use facebook.

that was though for josh to call

Crappy tap-out antics from Hayden there. That must make things very difficult for the ref.

Crappy tap-out antics from Hayden there. That must make things very difficult for the ref.

agreed

That sound effect on the stay tuned screen is mad annoying.

agreed another 5 seconds and daniel might have got the sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Hococop wrote: »
    agreed
    I don't think he was doing the "CB Dollaway fake tap", I think he was just completely out of it and it was a survival instinct thing kicking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Link to main card anyone?

• Advertisement

Link to main card anyone?

http://www.firstrow.tv/watch/103166/1/watch-ufc-on-fx-:-guillard-vs-miller.html

Decent enough when you get past the spam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

The main card is free on UFC.tv as was the prelims....

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭soundmangar

Hating the fox format already. To me, it just seems not to flow as smoothly, seems like everything is leading up to an ad. They made NFL painful to watch a few years ago with that craic

Skipped the walk ins for the first fight for ads! Cock!

I like the new format, seems more slick and makes it look more like a professional sport. Not so crazy about Anik and Florian though.

The main card is free on UFC.tv as was the prelims....

And knob of the year award goes to me for spending 15 mins rooting around for streams :o.

Pat Barry's Lotto numbers came up!

• Advertisement

Boom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nice KO but 2 brutal rights when he was grounded

Anyone else think that Barry wasn't gonna make his climb to the side of the cage, though he was gonna fall on his arse

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nice KO but 2 brutal rights when he was grounded

Anyone else think that Barry wasn't gonna make his climb to the side of the cage, though he was gonna fall on his arse
    Herb was a bit slow alright, after the first right on the ground he was done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm debating a bet on Guillard, think he'll be value after his last performance

Mellor wrote: »
    Miller by sub i think

• Advertisement

This is my last time saying it, but I really think the fox format is terrible. No walkouts, just ads. Ads soon as a fight ends, then interview. It just ruins the feel of the event for me, stop start stop start. Fox are notorious for it. Just my opinion

This is my last time saying it, but I really think the fox format is terrible. No walkouts, just ads. Ads soon as a fight ends, then interview. It just ruins the feel of the event for me, stop start stop start. Fox are notorious for it. Just my opinion
    I think its always been that way for the non PPV Cards, it was the same when they were on Spike

I think its always been that way for the non PPV Cards, it was the same when they were on Spike[/Quote]
    Maybe so, just don't remember it being as bad as this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Niall0 wrote: »
    Mellor wrote: »
    Miller by sub i think
    I just checked my account there, I placed $20 on Guillard at 2.5 during the week. $50 back for the win.

I'm under no illusions, Miller is the better fighter. But Guillard has a chance worth 2.5. He learnt an important lesson recently. Expect a focused fighter here.

He will be hungry after being humiliated in the last fight alright. Really hope miller wins, I met him at UFC 128 and he was just an out and out gent. Should have got his shot before the Hendo loss IMO

Not mad about the commentary tonight. It's a bit like going from George Hamilton to Trevor Welch. While I do get tired of Rogan and Goldie, I'm just not diggin' this tonight.

Not mad about the commentary tonight. It's a bit like going from George Hamilton to Trevor Welch. While I do get tired of Rogan and Goldie, I'm just not diggin' this tonight.
    Its like Anik and Florian have no personality and no chemistry between them

I wasn't too keen on them myself after the first few prelims but they've grown on me as the nights gone on.

Agree. Just goes to show how much Goldberg and rogan make the night. The lads have the craic with each other, it's all very stuffy upright and serious tonight

Won't be surprised if Guillard gets distracted by the smell of his own farts and loses it. I'd love to see Miller get back on the track he was on towards a title fight.

This is the perfect Fight Night card main event.

• Advertisement
Advertisement