Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC on FX1

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭soundmangar

Fu*king brilliant performance. Kept his cool, waited for the mistake. Class by miller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Guillard came out strong, as expected. Nice take down from Miller. But Guillard could of escaped IMO. I felt he tried to escape to an advantageous position rather than just take his opening and roll out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

I reckon Guillard's head is his own worst enemy. He has all the ability, experience and and conditioning to do big things but it seems like his emotions and immaturity are his biggest hurdle. He probably has better conditioning and ability than Miller but Miller has a much better head on his shoulders. Two great fighters though, it speaks volumes about the UFC's lightweight division when they can produce this quality for a lower level card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Hey, does anyone know where I might catch a replay of this? No TV in the house just yet so hoping to find it online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

ufc.com, register and then you can watch the card replay

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

ufc.com, register and then you can watch the card replay

Sweet! Already reg'd so I'll just login, thanks!

EDIT: I just remembered I moved country and it costs money here :(

FML

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭soundmangar

Mellor wrote: »
    Guillard came out strong, as expected. Nice take down from Miller. But Guillard could of escaped IMO. I felt he tried to escape to an advantageous position rather than just take his opening and roll out.
    Jim miller is very very good at taking the back. To me, guillard looked like he didn't think miller could get the sub from that position and he just kind of went with him and was gonna try and go thru the transitions. Big mistake, miller is a dangerous man off the back, when he locked the leg it was game over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Niall0 wrote: »
    Its like Anik and Florian have no personality and no chemistry between them

i thought they sounded very alike as well, to the point where I couldn't differentiate between the two most of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Great night of fights.

Production is terrible, give me Rogan Goldie any day.

Too Americanized imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 dickdasterly

Roar wrote: »
    i thought they sounded very alike as well, to the point where I couldn't differentiate between the two most of the time

That's the problem I had, the only time I really knew for sure was when the camera panned round to where they where sitting, then I could see who's mouth was moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Admittedly I prefer Goldberg & Rogan, but it was a nice change to have a different team for the event.
    It is hilarious how much people moan about Goldie & Rogan, but as soon as there's a change, people realise how much they add to an event.
    Very enjoyable event too, the featherweight fight was a great war. The ads frequency make it an absolute bastard to watch though. PPV format every time for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

dave1982 wrote: »
    Great night of fights.

Production is terrible, give me Rogan Goldie any day.

Too Americanized imo.

Wasn't digging the whole ads every five mins thing. I also thought that they sounded veyr similar. Kept thinking that Anik was a lot of the talking then realised it was Florian. Had a four fight accumulator that I lost out on by having Ludwig for the in by KO. I thought the Easton - Papazian fight was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

I was pretty happy with Anik and Florians commentating. Rogan and Goldberg irritate me, although mainly its Rogan. Goldberg simply doesn't know much which I don't hold against him. Definitely an issue telling Anik and Florian apart but I think that will grow easier with time. Also very happy with the Ko by elbows, I've always liked them for self defence training and enjoy seeing them used effectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Honestly don't see the bid deal about the commentary. It was Anik's first event and I think he'll grow in confidence. But at the end of the day it's trivial and it's about the fights. Great night of fights. Delighted for Pat Barry and Jim Miller.

Originally I was surprised to see the Easton Vs Papizian fight on the card but good call it was a belter. Although not a huge fan of his I think it would have been nice to see Riviera retire on tv after 15 UFC appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

I thought they were quite good on commentary. only thing is they sounded too similar. you couldn't tell sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Goldberg HAS TO GO. That new guy sounded pleasant and didn't bloody repeat every himself every few minutes like Goldie. He also appears to have a genuine interest in the sport unlike goldie who just sounds like he's doing a job.

The Bantamweight fight was epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dickdasterly

jayteecork wrote: »
    Goldberg HAS TO GO. That new guy sounded pleasant and didn't bloody repeat every himself every few minutes like Goldie. He also appears to have a genuine interest in the sport unlike goldie who just sounds like he's doing a job.

The Bantamweight fight was epic.

Couldn't agree more was talking about this to a Goldie fan, I hate the way he just reads things of a sheet. And Joe has had to correct him more times than enough.

Advertisement