Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyes like pissholes in the snow

• 20-01-2012 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

Was out last night for a friends birthday, said I'd only have a few but ended up going on the rip.

Now I'm hungover with two little ferret eyes sitting in the office trying to avoid people like a plague.. And I've got a rake of work to do..

Do you guys head out during the week? Mid week drinking isn't worth it IMO.. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

There's nothing worse. I usually sleep in my car at lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Start thinking of doing it again tonight.... Yeah keep that thought there...
    There ya go....

You want to die now right oh love it when its someone else and not me lol jus kiddin

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Stay drinking. Being drunk in work is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Sykk wrote: »
    Was out last night for a friends birthday, said I'd only have a few but ended up going on the rip.

Now I'm hungover with two little ferret eyes sitting in the office trying to avoid people like a plague.. And I've got a rake of work to do..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH............................. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Ah, once upon a time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Remember, sugar and caffeine are your friends in this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

I remember when i had my first beer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Just go home

you are a danger to yourself and others around you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Thursday night is fine to drink cos you only have one day of torture and then it's the weekend! Going on the lash on a Mon/Tues is the worst cos you still have most of the working week to get through!

Having said that I gave up drinking midweek a few years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Manys the time in work I've had to give it a bit of AC Slater ans catch a few zzzzs in the jax

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Berocca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

a few weeks back Chelsea were playing Man City on a Monday night and we went into Cork City to watch it and I ended up out until after 3AM and had to be in work for 8AM.

That was a hard 4 hours until my 12 o clock lunch.

Good idea at the time but looking back its never worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Remember, sugar and caffeine are your friends in this situation.

caffine makes my hangovers worse .... i just drink lots of water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It'll be ok OP, it's nearly 10am. Just keep your head down and continue not making eye contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Can of Coke or Lucozade will help get you to lunch.
    A lie down in your car for 30/60 mins will make the world of difference for your afternoon.

If you work in IT, find a reason to be working in the server room/test lab. The air-con will greatly help, and you'll be out of the main flow of "people traffic".

Good luck & no, drinking on a school night stopped being an option for me when I hit my thirties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Was boozing until 1:30 last night, had a triple shot expresso this morning. So far so good!

@jester77 - you need to preempt the crash. Have a can of coke to hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Domitius Felix Invictus Aurelianus

your a light weight OP man up and get some more drink into u to tide u over till 5pm and then because it friday just keep with the flow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Where did you end up OP?

Haven't been out on the rip on a school night in a good while. Not missed one bit! Get a big fry into you if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

If you were a woman, you could go to the loo and rest your pretty little head on the sanitary disposal unit with a jacket as a cushion like I did back in the days of yore.

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »
    Was boozing until 1:30 last night, had a triple shot expresso this morning. So far so good!

Famous last words.

xzanti wrote: »
    Berocca

Bought that...do you take it before and after or just after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

self inflicted,no sympathy, imagine drinkin a large vodka,straight :p

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Bought that...do you take it before and after or just after?
    It's an energy sort of thing so you'd take in the morning after or in the OPs case right about now would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Coffee is a definite no. That would make my head explode when hungover. A kip in the car is good, but depends on how f*cked you are. Can sometimes make you feel more sorry for yourself and slow down the feeling better process!

Try and stay busy. Avoid clock watching as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

buzzerxx wrote: »
    self inflicted,no sympathy, imagine drinkin a large vodka,straight [IMG]file:///C:/Users/JAMES%7E1.MCC/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

Ah don’t rub it in now! OP, you have my sympathy...But that amounts to f**k all today as I'm dying myself.

Midweek drinking just isn’t worth it IMO, but there are occasions where it just happens, like it or not.

Take last night for example...A completely unplanned session. It started early yesterday, one after work. Then I had to go out to the airport and collect a friend, one there. Then for some unknown reason, when i got home my housemate cracked open a bottle of champagne. Then we moved onto beer and then JD. Went to bed at stupid o' clock and now sitting in work...Its horrendous...

And to make things worse, I'm off the smokes at the moment, so I'm also sitting here sucking on these bloody Nicorette things, which are tolerable at best under normal circumstances, but now it feels like I'm sucking on a bulldogs arse...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

oh how I remember. I bet you were watching the clock last night while you were doing the damage and thinking "gawd sure I'm not even drunk, three hours sleep will be perfectly FINE for me". Roll on this morning, you wake up, feel normal for two seconds the realise you are still drunk. look in the mirror - can't believe the state of the eyes, barely make it to work - every minute feels like an hour.

Get a sweet coffee and a crossiant - forget your savouries - you need something really really sweet to eat.

Mid week drinking is definitely NOT worth it - unless you are about 18. Haven't done it for years, but can still remember the feeling. Even weekend drinkin isn't worth it - you wait all week for the weekend only to "lose" one full day recoving from the night before. No thanks. ;)

anyway hope the day goes fast for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

OP, your username fits your condition today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I used to do it from when I was 18 to about last Summer. I learned not to do it when I'm busy the next day.

I've lost interest in binge drinking now. Maybe have a craft beer or two once a week, or a glass of wine with my dinner. Saves a crap load on cash too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

A few years ago I arranged to meet up with a mate for a quiet mid-week, evening pint. Anyway, one thing led to about fifteen more and we ended up in a lock-in. Don't remember too much about the whole night but woke up the next day with a banging headache and the fear like never before. Naturally, thought, "**** work" and stayed in bed.

The following day in work, when I logged into my computer, I saw that my boss had sent me an email with 6 voicemail files attached: all from me; all from that pissed-up night; all explaining I wouldn't be in the next day; all with different excuses (some saying I was sick, others saying I had jury duty etc); all of me ****ing hammered; and all about half an hour apart (charting a clear and steady decline in lucidity).

Ugh, that was an awkward morning :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Im still good for a spot of midweek drinking, though I tend to be a lot calmer with it now than I used to! I dont think I have ever pulled a sicky after one, do the crime...etc

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    The following day in work, when I logged into my computer, I saw that my boss had sent me an email with 6 voicemail files attached: all from me; all from that pissed-up night; all explaining I wouldn't be in the next day; all with different excuses (some saying I was sick, others saying I had jury duty etc); all of me ****ing hammered; and all about half an hour apart (charting a clear and steady decline in lucidity).

What were you drinking? Sounds like a session on the poiteen

Boro wrote: »
    Im still good for a spot of midweek drinking, though I tend to be a lot calmer with it now than I used to! I dont think I have ever pulled a sicky after one, do the crime...etc

agree - if you have to pull a sickie then you have a problem. It's self inflicted - you are not sick.

I dont know if I would call it a problem. Its more of an inconvenience (for your employer)

A problem would be getting your finger stuck in the top of a bottle of Corona and having to go to work the next day with it still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I feel sorry for your employer. He/She is paying you for very little productivity from you today so you need stay an hour late every day for next 8 working days to make up the time.

• Advertisement

I feel sorry for your sense of humor.

iamthe43 wrote: »
    What were you drinking? Sounds like a session on the poiteen

No poiteen but started on pints of lager and moved onto to Guiness with Jamerson chasers (that's what I remember anyway)

agree - if you have to pull a sickie then you have a problem. It's self inflicted - you are not sick.

True, but we live in an imperfect world. While there's rape and genocide being practiced, I think that a hangover sickie is but a blip.

BailMeOut wrote: »
    I feel sorry for your employer.

:confused:

My employer says thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

For some reason a mint cornetto sometime does the trick for me. I feel your pain OP, went for the cure on Sunday and ended up on another session. Needless to say Monday & Tuesday were bloody hell in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Famous last words.

I just had a feed of sushi... ohhh the wasabi, don't think there is any fear of me crashing now :eek:

*wipes tears*

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    True, but we live in an imperfect world. While there's rape and genocide being practiced, I think that a hangover sickie is but a blip.

true....I suppose I just always thought it was no reason to go into work. If your mature enough to drink alcohol, then it shouldn't affect your work...if it doesn't then you shouldn't be drinkin in during the week - although I can TOTALLY see how someone could get carried away if the night is good, I would still always get into work, even if I had to crawl (really nothing to do with my employer, I would just feel crap pulling a sickie for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

State of you/me/us/them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I'd say it's not a problem unless you make a habit of it.

I've had lunch at my desk every day this year and i work around an extra day a week in additional hours. Both of which i'm happy to do, but on the very rare occasion I have an extra few beers during the week I am damn sure they will survive with me having a slow day.

Give and take basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

eyes like a racing dogs bollix on a frosty morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

How you feeling now OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

OP, Get yourself a Burger King or something greasy as f**k for lunch, the grease hit will keep you going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

How you feeling now OP?

Ah grand by now.. Chicken fillet roll for lunch has the stomach set! Cheers :D

Advertisement