Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In mother rus... Australia - spider eat snake

Options
  • 20-01-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

"An office receptionist got the shock of her life earlier this week when she found a 70cm long snake entangled in the web of a deadly spider. Tania Robertson, a receptionist at an electrical firm in Perth, came in to work on Tuesday and spotted the sight next to a desk in her office. The snake, which had obviously died from the spider's poisonous bite, was off the ground and caught up in the web.

Leon Lotz of the Arachnology Department at the National Museum said it was only the second time that he had heard of a snake getting caught in a spider's web. It is believed the snake got caught in the web on Monday night. But it did not take the spider long to bite it. A red mark on the snake's stomach was evidence of where the spider had started eating it.

Throughout Tuesday, the spider checked on her prey, but on Wednesday she rolled it up and started spinning a web around it. She also kept lifting it higher off the ground, while continually snacking on it."

189165.jpg
    189166.jpg
    189167.jpg
    189168.jpg
    189169.jpg

heck-no.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

so they just left it there in the office?

ffs, throw it out the window or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

smash wrote: »

You definatly mean stomp on the fcuker ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

OMG!.. Isnt that a Black Widow-one of the most dangerous spiders and they just left it there for the craic to see what happens!....

Nope, No Thank you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Thats not in Australia.

That spider has the red mark on its underside. The red-back has it on ... well its name tells you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Jumpy wrote: »
    Thats not in Australia.

That spider has the red mark on its underside. The red-back has it on ... well its name tells you.
    The article doesn't say it's a redback.

Well there isnt any other red marked species in Australia like that.

This is the Red Back. As seen in my garage.

eitgdl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Thats why I never want to go to Oz, far too many things that can kill you down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

This bird's gonna fly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

krudler wrote: »
    Thats why I never want to go to Oz, far too many things that can kill you down there.

I'm like that too, I wouldn't even pick up a grape down there in fear it would sprout legs, burrow under my skin and lay eggs behind my eye where it's venom would make my skin peel off.

Oz is just like one big horror show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Jesus H.

If the bugs can eat the snakes...move !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

smash wrote: »

Naid23 wrote: »
    OMG!.. Isnt that a Black Widow-one of the most dangerous spiders and they just left it there for the craic to see what happens!....

Nope, No Thank you!!!
    Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm like that too, I wouldn't even pick up a grape down there in fear it would sprout legs, burrow under my skin and lay eggs behind my eye where it's venom would make my skin peel off.

Oz is just like one big horror show.

7be3531d-84ac-4b39-82e5-ac7fc8b906be.jpg
    ShooterSF wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Is there anywhere in the place you can go, without facing the possibility of a bug/snake/spider/crocodile/shark related death?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Is there anywhere in the place you can go, without facing the possibility of a bug/snake/spider/crocodile/shark related death?

Antartica I guess. Its just full of these guys:
    emperor-penguin_521_600x450.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

no,even in city centres you're prone to shark attacks, sneaky fcukers that they are

Advertisement