Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIMNEH African grey parrot

• 20-01-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everyone!! Very interesting in getting a young timneh grey. But finding it very difficult to find young ones in Ireland. Any ideas if anyone breeds them here? Or if anyone sells them? Thanks!

Comments

I dont think i have ever seen them, i have only ever seen congo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mitzi baby

Ya they seem to be very rare in Ireland I've only ever seen one or two up for sale and they all have been alot older

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

have u tried parrots.ie. there is some great breeders om there. if they cant help you know one can. i can also if u like pm you the number of the lady that is prob one of the best breeders in ireland. she doesnt bred greys but she would know who does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Im a slave to a Timneh african grey. I adopted when she was a year old as an unwanted pet. The owner said she came from a breeder in galway but im not sure how true that is.

They are quite rare here. I dont think anyone on parrots.ie breeds them. If you want any more info feel free to reply of pm.

Just a word of warning I have heard that the guy in galway parent rears so the young can be hard to handle if you dont have experience.

Advertisement