Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plane flying low over collon tinure dunleer ?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

not unusual in itself i know ,but this was a larger plane maybe a 16 seater overhead wing type circling the area very low for a sustained period of time-anybody else see it :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

Didn't see it myself. But AAroadwatch said there was a plane flying at 60m high between Duleek and Ravensdale doing some aerial survey yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

yup saw it over tenure yesterday, supposed to be doing a geological survry or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Traffic reports on all radio stations advised of it all day yesterday. Just a Survey being carried out. What else did you think it might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Ze germans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

It was the EU surveying the new country they now own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Chinese lanterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Reckon it was probably this ;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76609878

A Twin Otter that has been doing survey work.

Failing that the Chinese Lanterns seems likely !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Some more info on the project here - http://www.tellusborder.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kunny

blingrhino wrote: »
    not unusual in itself i know ,but this was a larger plane maybe a 16 seater overhead wing type circling the area very low for a sustained period of time-anybody else see it :confused:

Jim Corr .. is that you

Advertisement