Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cancelled Eircom phone and broadband - when do I get a reply?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

I emailed on 18 January to both phonecancellations@eircom.ie and broadbandcancellations@eircom.ie to make sure both accounts are closed.

Short story - I cannot afford it any more, and 1 mg broadband is a joke at this stage - as it doesn't even feel like it at times.

I'd like to know will the Cancellations department backdate my 30 days notice to the 18th, or will it be from when they decide to bother with the notice themselves?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

mumof2 wrote: »
    I emailed on 18 January to both phonecancellations@eircom.ie and broadbandcancellations@eircom.ie to make sure both accounts are closed.

Short story - I cannot afford it any more, and 1 mg broadband is a joke at this stage - as it doesn't even feel like it at times.

I'd like to know will the Cancellations department backdate my 30 days notice to the 18th, or will it be from when they decide to bother with the notice themselves?

Thanks for the help.

Hi mumof2
    I can certainly chase this for you and and date should be from time they have received notification. Can you PM me your tel and account no and I will find out for you.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

mumof2 wrote: »

Thanks for the help.

Hi mumof2
    Yes I can confirm that we have received your request on the 18th January and that the account will be closed on the 16th Feb. If you should have any further query just let me know.
    Tony

Advertisement