Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aftershow vs Show? Whats it mean?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

I plan on going to see Skrillex in London next month.

But kinda confused about this part with tickets

Normal tickets £X and brixton at 19:00

Then there is...

Skrillex & Friends Aftershow, Skrillex Plus Special Guests (Cheaper tickets + its at 22:00)

What does this mean? will this be a set as well just at a different time or what?

Anyone explain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Normally it's just a club and the band might turn up and throw on a few records.

A way for the band to get extra cash for doing feck all as the club will pay them to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Or it could be just a club that has no affiliation with the band whatsoever, just trying to make a few quid off the fans.
    Best bet is ask in the bands official website/FB to see if they're actually involved with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Sometimes, As AnonoBoy said, The band will be spinning discs. I remember when Paul Weller played his last stint in the Olympia, I was at 2 of the gigs, and after one of them Steve Craddock (Guitar) done a DJ set in the Mercantile. Could be similar to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Think I might go to the normal gig and the the aftershow

Thanks for the help:)

Advertisement