Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASM Clermont Auvergne v Ulster, Sat 21st Jan 2012, Stade Marcel Michelin, 3:40pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Brainless from Muller.

Poor call from Pearson, but the right call with the penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭EmeraldNK

poor, poor throw there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Terrible from Best, when they needed him the most.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Thats two not straight lineouts from Best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

its_phil wrote: »
    Sacked for what, employing laws of the game. No chat back allowed.

To quote Nigel Owens "This isn't soccer"

Nigel Owens didnt give a penalty, he gave a warning. To take possession away from a team and award a penalty for that is pretty poor reffing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

and another irish team leaves Clermont with a LBP.

Where does this leave Ulster now in terms of seeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

Ah well, the bonus point is as much as most people hoped for before this match started.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Titanic effort by Ulster.

If they can go to Clermont of all places and play like that, they are more than capable of playing anyone away from home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Leinster vs Ulster or possibly if Munster win with a TBP Munster vs Ulster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Rory Best - Irish hooker? What a poor throw!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Last if both cardiff and edin win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Heads held high...

Clermont have been made to work hard for that win...

lologram wrote: »
    Laws of the game, are you aware of them? Muller's fault, not Pearson's. This is not football.

Yes I am aware of the laws, are you aware of the rules of the forum ? Attack the post and not the poster and all that ? Might want to have a peek.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,946 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Thats two not straight lineouts from Best

How many times have we seen that for Ulster and Ireland. Good player but his throwing under pressure stinks.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Rory Best :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Ulster will most likely be 8th seeds with an away game against Leinster :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Good result for Ulster, didnt deserve anything more, competed well in the 2nd half but did nothing of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Pearson made some very important errors at the end, regardless of Muller's stupidity. I suppose you wouldn't expect anything else at the SMM

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'd be nervous about hosting Ulster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭EmeraldNK

Indeed, I'm not too happy about the idea, myself...

• Advertisement

Think Munster loss they play clermont either home or away depending on bp's.
    If they win play ulster or edi/car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Munster are not going to get five points this evening. Just can't see it.

No disrespect to Munster but Ulster would have a far better chance in Thomond than in Leinster I feel.

Brewster wrote: »
    Munster are not going to get five points this evening. Just can't see it.

Ulster could end up 7th if cardiff and edi dont both win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Cannot justify that penalty against Muller when Pearson had already been ridiculously lenient towards Hines, who should have been binned for doing much worse. Inconsistent calls, at best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Looking at the replay of that try, it's a travesty that Clermont weren't penalised. Ridiculous decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

MungBean wrote: »
    Yes I am aware of the laws, are you aware of the rules of the forum ? Attack the post and not the poster and all that ? Might want to have a peek.

Don't need the advice thanks, it was your post that I attacked. If you are aware of the laws you don't seem to show it. What Muller did was brainless dissent, against the laws and a penalty. It is no way Pearson's fault that he had to award the penalty. The laws don't just apply when they suit any given team's supporters. It also doesn't matter that it turned over possession to Clermont at a crucial time, that is once again Muller's fault.

As for calling for Pearson to be sacked, well that just speaks for itself really.

castie wrote: »
    Ulster could end up 7th if cardiff and edi dont both win.

Aye, very unlikely though unless Irish can pull off a shock can't see it though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

SuprSi wrote: »
    Looking at the replay of that try, it's a travesty that Clermont weren't penalised. Ridiculous decision.

Terrible decision, Hines got away with murder and Touhy was harshly binned in my opinion. Pearson didn't do Ulster any favours. Of course Muller shouldnt have used back chat, however it was a shocking deliberate slap down by James and Pearson gives a knock on??? Nice one Dave...

• Advertisement

lologram wrote: »
    Don't need the advice thanks, it was your post that I attacked. If you are aware of the laws you don't seem to show it. What Muller did was brainless dissent, against the laws and a penalty. It is no way Pearson's fault that he had to award the penalty. The laws don't just apply when they suit any given team's supporters. It also doesn't matter that it turned over possession to Clermont at a crucial time, that is once again Muller's fault.

As for calling for Pearson to be sacked, well that just speaks for itself really.

You addressed me personally not the post, which is frowned upon.

Muller shouldnt have protested but to award a penalty for doing so is poor. If the player was making a nuisance of himself and had already been warned then it would be inevitable.

Unless you can show me where the laws say "Questioning a refs decision must result in a penalty", your argument is baseless. Saying someone should be sacked when you think they are doing a poor job isnt really that over the top. Obviously I'm not campaigning for him to lose his job, just highlighting the fact that he did a poor job.

Advertisement