Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostlight publishing Fate/Extra in Europe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 razzlero

I have both the japanese and american versions of the game imported XD

I'm a big fan of Type-Moon so my opinion of the game might be a bit biased, but I really liked it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's gotten a really bad critical response and really it's only fans of the series that seem to like it. Impressions seem to be that it's got a great story but also one of the worst combat systems of any RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's gotten a really bad critical response and really it's only fans of the series that seem to like it. Impressions seem to be that it's got a great story but also one of the worst combat systems of any RPG.

Any links? The fighting looked okay from what I've seen though it could be repetitive depending on how long the game is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 razzlero

I really liked the combat system. The only bad thing with it is that it is very unforgiving if you die. You can only save outside of the battle area, and you can occasionally get very unlucky in battle and die. Also it got slightly repetitive towards the end, but I find that with most rpg battle systems anyways.
    Though the boss battles are what are really good. You have a week before each opponent, and you have to spend a week gathering information about them. The more information you gather about them the more of their attacks you can predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

That sounds really interesting way of approaching boss battles. No saving in dungeons is absolute balls though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement