Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google+ instead of facebook

Options
  • 20-01-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried using Google+ to promote their business with? I tried today and it doesnt give the option for a company which facebook does. We dont use Facebook but wanted to use Google+ cause were based very close to them and would get business out of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭TsuDhoNimh

neris wrote: »
    I tried today and it doesnt give the option for a company which facebook does.
    It does have an option for business pages, it's just relatively new so not that widespread (yet).
    We dont use Facebook but wanted to use Google+ cause were based very close to them and would get business out of them.
    Based close to Google? I'm not sure if that's a good reason to use Google+, the real question is where do your target customers spend their time.

If you get a lot of business out of Google (I assume you mean directly from them, not just referral traffic from SEO/PPC), your business is probably tech orientated and suitable for marketing via Google+. If you do mean your business comes from organic results or paid advertising via Google, then I'd base the decision far more on your target customers.

Having said all that, every business should be looking at setting up a Google+ listing. It carries a lot of weight in organic listings and has, in a huge number of instances, outranked very well established social media accounts on other platforms in an extremely short time. Despite the reservations that I and many others have about G+ as a social platform, it does carry unquestionable benefits. From using your G+ profile to enable author markup for blog posts to just helping to control a brand related SERP, the benefits are clear especially for business users.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

regardless of where else you advertise why would you forgo a facebook page?

Do you believe google would withdraw their business if you had a facebook page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I would use Google+ ASWELL as Facebook, not as an alternative to it.

There aren't anything like as many people on Google+ and those who are on it are often only on it as a kind of default option because they have Gmail accounts.

The more social networks you're on the better, but I wouldn't see any of them as an alternative to another. They're all complementary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Solair wrote: »
    The more social networks you're on the better, but I wouldn't see any of them as an alternative to another. They're all complementary.

+1

Sure even Google have a Facebook page... the more exposure the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Solair wrote: »

I agree and disagree. A good social networking presence takes care and attention. It's better to have one strong presence than several weak ones, which can result from spreading yourself too thin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Got a page set up but its a bit of a pain in the ass having to set up a personal account 1st. another problem Ive come across is that you cant access your business page on google+ on android phone

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Got a page set up but its a bit of a pain in the ass having to set up a personal account 1st. another problem Ive come across is that you cant access your business page on google+ on android phone

Thats not good about not being able to use it on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I find this question a bit strange. I have my business posted on every social media outlet possible, Facebook, Google plus, Twitter, Linkedin...
    Personally, I find Facebook the best as the reach is a lot more than any of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

the GALL wrote: »
    Thats not good about not being able to use it on

from searching google would seem that Im not the only one with the problem. few people giving out about it on google help that theres no way to access it. I use my phone for taking work related pictures when needed and be easier to upload from phone

Advertisement