Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STUDENT DESK QUEUES!!

Options
  • 20-01-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

anyone else pi**ed off with the queues in the student desk?? sent them an email which i might get a reply in the long distance future, tried ringing today only to be told 'due to staff numbers, your call may not be taken' soooo annoyin!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

just take a ticket and sit down or leave and come back or just get there earlier, was much worse a few years ago i was queuing for 3 hours to get my grant. With the ticket system this doesn't happen if you use your head and of course they can't answer the phones when they have people who had actually bothered to go in and queue/take a ticket to deal with

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It would help if they had a decent ticket management system that indicated what letter they are currently on. Then you wouldn't have as many people wandering in and taking a ticket, only to feck off and not come back when they realise there are over 100 people ahead of them. I was queuing for over an hour earlier in the week and there was loads of people inadvertently trying to skip the queue, not realising that they were still on A tickets and not C.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

actually i did 'bother' to queue for an hour and a half ysday by which time the student desk closed and a big line of people had to leave, only to have to queue again today which is why i rang today bcause i dont have time to queue for hours 2 days in a row!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone who wants student cards should go to Merville reception, no queue and fairly sure they forgot to charge me. Boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Studunne

Totally Agree

The queues are disgraceful, There was 71 people ahead of me on friday when i needed to get a form stamped.

My advice, go for a pint in the bar and come back in 2 hours !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dingo66

Corkman123, stop dealin funk man! The SD neva send ppl away- evy foo who gotta ticked gets seen evn wen dey close foo! Dingo

Translation: Corkman123, stop misleading people. The Student Desk never send people away - every individual who receives a ticket, is seen - even when they close! Wild Australian Dog.

Advertisement