Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know of a marine water supplier in Dublin 15?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

due a water change in my marine tank, so i wondered if there was anywhere more local to me to save me driving all the way to seahorse?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Could try Petstop out in the Blanchardstown centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Sleepy wrote: »
    Could try Petstop out in the Blanchardstown centre?

I wouldn't give them any business, there aquarium set up was a disgrace when I was last in there in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i was actually in there yesterday and they don't do it unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Don't Seahorse do it?

Don't Seahorse do it?
    yes, but i've got a lot on at the minute and i was hoping to find somewhere a bit more local to avoid the drive over to seahorse if possible.

not to worry though, i guess i'll just have to bite the bullet and go over there.

there wa sa place above Brady's in blanchardstown, but they had a problem with water leaking down into the pub and had to close down a few weeks back. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Seahorse sell it and RO water too. They will even give you a container if you leave a small deposit.

Can't you buy salt and make up your own water? I am completely inexperienced with marine so that may be a stupid question!

i've already bought marine water in seahorse and i'm very happy with it, i was just trying to avoid the time, 30km round trip and two m50 tolls that it takes for me to get there and back. :(

Could be worth ringing Maxi Zoo in Finglas to see if they do it? Will at least save the tolls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Draupnir wrote: »
    Could be worth ringing Maxi Zoo in Finglas to see if they do it? Will at least save the tolls.

As far as I know,Maxi Zoo dont sell marine water.

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    due a water change in my marine tank, so i wondered if there was anywhere more local to me to save me driving all the way to seahorse?

thanks.

You make it sound like Ballymount is on the other side of the country to D15.

Let me ask you this then.........................

How much do you value you're tank and fish???

Seahorse for the win.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

you could try Kinsealy too to save on the tolls i know they sell RO water you could call them and ask about marine water

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yeah was going to say Kinsealy, or Fins Furs and Feathers,

816 9900 Kinsealy

807 9247 Fins Furs and Feathers (for some reason that sounds like a sex shop or is that just me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

Fins Fur Feathers definitely do it, they also don't charge for freshwater.

You could allways invest in an RO system and buy a large drum of sea salt,and make you're own marine water.

Thats what we are doing.

DSCF9859.jpg

paddy147 wrote: »
    You make it sound like Ballymount is on the other side of the country to D15.

Let me ask you this then.........................

How much do you value you're tank and fish???

Seahorse for the win.:)
    it's not about how much i value the fish, it's that our baby is just out of intensive care in temple street a week ago and i don't like being too far away in case there are any problems and we need to get him back to hospital in an emergency, so i'm trying to stay as close to home as possible.

also, i think RO would probably be slight overkill for topping up a 55L tank. :p

Advertisement