Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Collection Company's

Options
  • 20-01-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Since the council gave away the bin collection to AES last year. I am looking for a recommendation for bin collections. I know AES are there obviously, but what other alternatives are there and who is best value for money and reliability.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

depends where ya are

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭C Eng

Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

I'm in Kilcock, and use Thornton's Recycling, myself. Never had any trouble with them, and found them to be very competitve last year, although their annual flat rate offer for Kildare customers has gone up from €270 to €285 this year. Quite a jump.

Also they took a while to get the bins out to us after we moved in to our place, and we were left to rot for a while. Eventually the bins arrived though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

AES, ray whelan, thorntons i think, oxigin
    i think thats all of them that offer a service in newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thorntons for Maynooth at least have no stock of bins at the moment due to a large amount of switchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

I use Thorntons online account whereby you pay €50 per year and pay per lift ( around €6.50 I think ). Once you keep your online account in credit they will keep collecting. It cost us €130 in total for last year. We don't use the compost bin as we compost as much as we can and give the rest to the birds. After recycling there is not much left for the domestic rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

MYOB wrote: »
    Thorntons for Maynooth at least have no stock of bins at the moment due to a large amount of switchers.

Maybe they'd like to collect our bins then. We switched away from them as they put us in the highest weight band for this year (apparently we dumped more than a tonne last year - that's a lot of grass cuttings!)
    Switched to AES, worked out about €70 cheaper for the year (I hate pay by lift, much happier to pay it all up front).

Advertisement