Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show 20th January 2012

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Who switched the channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

*grabs rifle and drives for the border*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

**** this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Skid wrote: »
    There are a few Classic Late Lates on the RTE Player as part of the RTE50 celebrations.

All from the Gay Byrne era, including his last one in 1999

http://www.rte.ie/player/#s=search&q=late%20late%20show

Look at the lineup from that show in 1971:

Matt Busby
    Peter Sellers
    Eamonn Andrews

:eek:

Compare that to that show a few weeks back when the most significant guest was 80s has been Sinitta. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Lisha wrote: »
    Sorry I actually was quoting you but im so thick ive not yet figured how to do multi quotes:confused: Must try harder, must try harder

Hit the inverted comma button on each quote, and then the quote button on the last one. Something like that, anyway. Hard to explain at this time of night :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

No models on the Northside then?

mary-byrne2.jpg&w=560&h=438&ei=A_AZT9unIsvN4QSn-6HlDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=655&vpy=2&dur=3676&hovh=198&hovw=254&tx=22&ty=225&sig=106733613371436779790&page=1&tbnh=152&tbnw=195&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0

End of thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Shunday Bloody Shunday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

amacachi wrote: »
    **** this.
    Hit the inverted comma button on each quote, and then the quote button on the last one. Something like that, anyway. Hard to explain at this time of night :o

Wow, now only spoilers now left to crack, Thanks Skid:D

telekon wrote: »
    Look at the lineup from that show in 1971:

Matt Busby
    Peter Sellers
    Eamonn Andrews

:eek:

Compare that to that show a few weeks back when the most significant guest was 80s has been Sinitta. :rolleyes:

To be fair, I remember a lot of LLS's in the 80s where the Guestlist was brutal too. People only tend to remember the stellar guests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

The mini cornettos in Lidl are fab, going mad all that s in my freezer are bloody loop the loops:rolleyes:

Id Scoff a loop da loop right now.

You'll never get the hang of them.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Shunday Bloody Shunday
    Here you go ;)

To be fair, I remember a lot of LLS's in the 80s where the Guestlist was brutal too. People only tend to remember the stellar guests.

Ah Skid, the crappiness of guests has been going on far too long now. Cuba Gooding Jr (and I'm open for correction) was the last Hollywood A-lister (sort of) on and that was the first show back in September...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I turned off when Andrea Roche was commenting on the Lovely Girlies. More patronising nonsense typical of the LLS these days.

Pile of sh*te again.

I'm no fan of Brendan O'Connor but even he is a better presenter than Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

Vanbis wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad:
    I just switched this on and my blood is boiling over that twat subjecting a small girl to some of those questions. Its a bloody disgrace. I'm all for raising awareness.

What did you expect him to ask her about. The weather? The reason he asked those questions was to let people know how awful the condition is. My nephew suffers from it too and as bad is it is portrayed there it still doesn't begin to show the extent to which it affects and will affect his life.
    I think ryan handled it quite well to be honest. And I have to say, massive respect to Michael O'Learey for all he has done for dEBra Ireland.

My nephew if anyone wishes to help or just wants to learn more :)
    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/build-it-for-liam/

Ah that's easy enough.

Hit the black button called 'spoiler' on the right hand side of the row of buttons (beside the Youtube button). type in the text you want to hide inside the spoiler tags that come up.
    Give it a try
    it's easy when you know how :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

*Pops another prozac*

You'll never get the hang of them.. :P

Ha ha I can read you know, just cant make a spoiler....yet

For anybody who hasnt fallen asleep, Etta James has died..

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0120/jamese.html

• Advertisement

wtf... Tubridy cant even get the guests to leave their homes for a Late Late Show appearance any more??

Wow, he's looking fierce well altogether. Must be using Andrea's brand of botox...

That old clip of Dr. Edward Daly was very moving :(

telekon wrote: »
    Wow, he's looking fierce well altogether. Must be using Andrea's brand of botox...
    Telekon, please behave ;) it is forty years later :p

Is that a copy of the Rosanna Davisson edition of Playboy on the shelf behind him :eek:

NOw all i need to know is what a tracker mortgage is
    You ve made my weekend,Skid, I may never leave soap s threads now, Thanks a mil:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Blood boiling about tubridy tonight he was so unprepared asking questions to that poor girl with eb like asking her parents questions about her future etc, the poor wee girl will most likely not see 21

For anybody who hasnt fallen asleep, Etta James has died..

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0120/jamese.html

Very sad, she was a fine singer.

Connacht 9- Harlequins 8 in the Rugby. Great result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

plasmaguy wrote: »
    I'm no fan of Brendan O'Connor but even he is a better presenter than Tubridy.

O'Connor is GREAT despite himself. He likes to ruffle feathers. Last Saturday night with Paul Martin and Brian Kennedy was fantastic television

Advertisement