Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show 20th January 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Is this Fr. Brian Eno?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

My daughter couldn't understand why the British would do this to our people......Christ where do you start with the Xfactor generation.

This episode in our recent history reminds me so much as to why I have enormous problems with the British establishment........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Lisha wrote: »
    NOw all i need to know is what a tracker mortgage is
    You ve made my weekend,Skid, I may never leave soap s threads now, Thanks a mil:)
    you are going to have soooooo much fun now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

garbanzo wrote: »
    My daughter couldn't understand why the British would do this to our people......Christ where do you start with the Xfactor generation.

By not letting them watch the X Factor..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

The bloody sunday survivors ©.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Telekon, please behave ;) it is forty years later :p

It was actually a genuine compliment. My first thoughts were, "he's still alive?" and then he appeared looking spritely and youthful which surprised me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

telekon wrote: »
    It was actually a genuine compliment. My first thoughts were, "he's still alive?" and then he appeared looking spritely and youthful which surprised me.
    LOL :D

I thought you were being a smart ass :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

NOw all i need to know is what a tracker mortgage is
    You ve made my weekend,Skid, I may never leave soap s threads now, Thanks a mil:)

Ahhh, I'm so proud.

Enjoy the soaps and the spoilers, Lisha :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

well hello Mr Duddy's niece.. ;)

MrsD007 wrote: »
    LOL :D

I thought you were being a smart ass :D:D:D

Jesus, I'm not THAT evil...:)

The Prime Minister's apology must have meant so much to the families coming after so many years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Jurassic Park!

Very tempted to ditch this and watch a few Partridge DVD's now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

My pint is only half full, must grab another can.

telekon wrote: »
    Jesus, I'm not THAT evil...:)
    Ah, I know you're not but you have been known to display a cheeky side, every now and then ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Is Friday night Telly a really suitable place to have this depressing subject aired?

God its depressing stuff RTE, and will they talk about all the other events of the troubles in the coming weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Skid wrote: »
    Ahhh, I'm so proud.

Enjoy the soaps and the spoilers, Lisha :)

Skid just for you i found a quote to express my gratitude;

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ~William Arthur Ward[/FONT]

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Didnt see the start of this section on the murder of the innocents in Derry. as has been said the interview with Bishop Daly was very powerfull.

It doesnt seem like 40 years since my neighbour arrived back home to Belfast the next day, with a bullet hole through the side of his jacket.

And some wonder why people still get annoyed about this?

• Advertisement

Skid wrote: »
    Jurassic Park!

Very tempted to ditch this and watch a few Partridge DVD's now.

Have you heard the audiobook version of "I, Partridge: lets talk about Alan" yet Skid?

It is 7 hours of hilarity. I can't believe he kept it consistently entertaining with no filler material whatsoever. Best thing I've heard by a country mile and I'm thinking about buying the book as well just to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

At least back in the 1970s and 1980s, most of the guests were interesting, they weren' shamelessly plugging a new book or new business, and availing of free publicity and there was the occassional intelligent debate involving intelligent people.

The average guest these days is usually someone from Eastenders, Boyzone or Westlife or a variation of that.

But hey, give the people what they want. It's probably a reflection of our modern vacuous, materialistic, anti intellectual society.

And at least Gaybo was funny, spontanious and mostly unscripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ally Dick wrote: »
    O'Connor is GREAT despite himself. He likes to ruffle feathers. Last Saturday night with Paul Martin and Brian Kennedy was fantastic television

Are you for real? That was embarrassing, an all time low for Irish television.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

All the constant complaints about the guests on the show and when they have an interesting piece about a significant part of Irish history there's still complaints. Do ye watch the show just to bitch bout it? That's the vibe I get off this thread.

LordSutch wrote: »
    Is Friday night Telly a really suitable place to have this depressing subject aired?

Do you mind if I cut and paste your above statement every Friday?

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ~William Arthur Ward
    That is a great quote Lisha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Aidric wrote: »
    Are you for real? That was embarrassing, an all time low for Irish television.

It was great. I love a row. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

OK they'll be ringing the winner in this ad break to make sure they are in and to keep them on the line.....

Remember the rules folks!!!!!

The Shtig wrote: »
    All the constant complaints about the guests on the show and when they have an interesting piece about a significant part of Irish history there's still complaints. Do ye watch the show just to bitch bout it? That's the vibe I get off this thread.

Eh? Point out the complaints?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Poor Colm Murray. Very sad indeed

Advertisement