Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show 20th January 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The Wicker Man staring at 12.30 on RTE TWO..

(jaysus Patrick Dempsey is looking as rough as a bear's a*se these days)

Yeah and Meredith looking very bloated around the face. Does she have some condition or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

According to Aertel it's the original 1973 version but it wouldn't be the first time they were wrong.

My TV guide says it's the crappy remake
    A policeman receives a message from his former fiancee, asking him to help find her daughter. The search takes him to an isolated island controlled by the members of a mysterious matriarchal cult, which he is convinced is planning a pagan sacrifice with the missing girl as the intended victim. American remake of the 1973 classic horror, with Nicolas Cage, Ellen Burstyn, Kate Beahan and Frances Conroy

http://www.tvnow.ie/detail.asp?id=113905872

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

No its the original one from Scotland.

rtewebsite.jpg

RTE's website says differently, and RTE have never lied to me before... oh, well except for the report about Father Reynolds.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

According to Aertel it's the original 1973 version but it wouldn't be the first time they were wrong.
    The SKY EPG says it's the 2006 version with Nicolas Cage :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Oh my head the film on tg4 is in subtittles, not in the mood.

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    Yeah and Meredith looking very bloated around the face. Does she have some condition or something?

Well she's in the right place if she has.. :-)

Yeah she's very old looking now (though she's only 42), she used to be sexy/cute ... The redhead seems to have taken over that mantle..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Lisha wrote: »
    really annoying me that she flexing her feet to show off the loubitons, we geddit lor your amazing, with an amazing life:mad:

I've heard that you can now get stickers for the soles of shoes, to make them look like loubitons;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I'm going to give Bridges of Madision County a go. I loved the book, so the film can't be too bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Well she's in the right place if she has.. :-)

Yeah she's very old looking now (though she's only 42), she used to be sexy/cute ... The redhead seems to have taken over that mantle..

Yeah she used to be such a scrawny cute little thing.

cofy wrote: »
    I've heard that you can now get stickers for the soles of shoes, to make them look like loubitons;)

Yeah I noticed her lifting up the shoes as well alright, cos I saw a piece about that girl (I think she's from Kildare) that makes those stickers for the underside of shoes... stickers for shoes... Ye woman, ye're a fkn crazy bunch..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

meh, it's the remake... with character actor Nicolas Cage (as long as that character is a divorced, alcoholic police officer)

The original is a great movie.
    The re-make is one of the worst movies ever made, but is quite frequently unintentionally hilarious.
    It's so bad, though, that it's hard to know if they were serious of taking the piss; kinda like that last 'musical' section of the Late Late Show tonight.
    This scene is probably the best/funniest:

Yeah I noticed her lifting up the shoes as well alright, cos I saw a piece about that girl (I think she's from Kildare) that makes those stickers for the underside of shoes... stickers for shoes... Ye woman, ye're a fkn crazy bunch..

If only you knew, my shoes are so badly worn, my husband is begging me to buy a new pair:o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

ascanbe wrote: »
    The re-make is one of the worst movies ever made, but is quite frequently unintentionally hilarious.
    It's so bad, though, that it's hard to know if they were serious of taking the piss; kinda like that last 'musical' section of the Late Late Show tonight.

He should've kept his mouth firmly shut during that one :D

Well that gave me a laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I can't be doing with Nicholas Cage. Never liked him. Hammiest Actor that ever wandered into Hollywood. I just don't get him.

cofy wrote: »
    Tara Haughton, a 15 year old student from Kildare invented the stickers and she has made an absolute fortune from them. Fair play to her! I doubt that Lorraine was wearing them though.

http://www.bizstartup.ie/news/item/17401-kildare-teenager-creates-sa

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'm off to watch Sideways. Goodnight folks.

She was a guest on the Saturday Night Show last year, that is probably where you saw her.

I'm off to watch Sideways. Goodnight folks.

Ooh love sideways! Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Tara Haughton, a 15 year old student from Kildare invented the stickers and she has made an absolute fortune from them. Fair play to her. I doubt that Lorraine was wearing them though.

I actually remember seing Tara on Sat night show, remember her saying har dad was flat out making soles while she at school. With more like her Irelands future is sorted....But wait, she ll prob deciede to go and live in another country, now she wont be an immigrant you under stand, she ll just be adding to her life experience.

• Advertisement

Well that gave me a laugh!

There's tons more where that came from.
    Don't watch the movie, but this is well worth watching; if for no other reason than that it features Nicholas Cage punching a woman while wearing a bear-suit.

So where do we stand on The Wicker Man... Is it the old one or the new one ("arrrrggghh, the bees") ??

Lisha wrote: »
    she ll prob deciede to go and live in another country, now she wont be an immigrant you under stand, she ll just be adding to her life experience.
    The Gospel according to Michael Noonan :mad:

There's tons more where that came from.
    Don't watch the movie, but this is well worth watching; if for no other reason than that it features Nicholas Cage punching a woman while wearing a bear-suit.

What the!:eek:

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Tara Haughton, a 15 year old student from Kildare invented the stickers and she has made an absolute fortune from them. Fair play to her! I doubt that Lorraine was wearing them though.

I doubt it also, it's just that when you see someone so obviously showing off .....

Aertel wrong its the american wicker man.

So where do we stand on The Wicker Man... Is it the old one or the new one ("arrrrggghh, the bees") ??

It's the new one :D

Im off to watch the final episode of hell on wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Skid wrote: »
    I can't be doing with Nicholas Cage. Never liked him. Hammiest Actor that ever wandered into Hollywood. I just don't get him.

His uncle is Francis Ford Coppolla. He got in on pull

• Advertisement

It's the new one :D

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement