Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for upcoming threads.....

Options
  • 20-01-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭

Just a suggestion which the mods may or may not go with.....

There is a lot of dissatisfaction apparent in several threads with recent postings. There is no consistency to the complaints really - some complain of irrelevant posting, some complain of being patronised, etc, etc, etc. I'm not going into the rights and wrongs of it. Suffice it to say several of the very best posters on here in terms of knowledge are leaving, have left or seem like they are thinking of leaving / pearing back. That's no good.

Thankfully the present model guidance suggests there is cold weather a week away. Fingers crossed. If so its going to get busier around here as the week goes on. At the moment there are at least 4 threads you could reasonably use about the potential for snow next weekend. Its confusing me and I doubt I'm alone.

How about the Mods set up 2 threads now. I think you've done something similiar before. The first should be something like - "Late Jan / Early Feb cold spell - forecast discussion only". The second should be ""Late Jan / Early Feb cold spell - general discussion". That way people can choose where, and at what level, they post. I think it will also lead to less loses of temper and consequent fights. Moreover it will allow those of us that know nowt (me) but want to hear from the well known and knowlegdeable posters here (MTC, Su Campu, Darkman, Deep easterly, Nacho Libre, Harps, Redsunset, maquiladora, blackius, villain, mickyger..., iancarn29, etc, etc, you know who you are) to do so without having to read about irrelevant matters whilst those who want to have a chat about both weather and other matters tangental to weather can do so, without being given out to, in the chat forum.

To be honest the lack of posting here today, with the models as interesting as they are, is not indicative of a healthy forum. This might help.

I have no idea why Wolfire hung up his weather charts this week. Very very big loss. Maybe it was coincidental. All I know is this forum can little afford to lose posters of that calibre.

Any thoughts?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement