Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband supplier

Options
  • 20-01-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

My current satellite broadband provider is having issues with a mast. They are going to close it down and try to get us broadband using a different mast. If that doesn't work they will remove their equipment.
    I have found another provider but they are looking for €250 installation fee. What happens to the €300 I paid 4 years ago to my original supplier??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

My current satellite broadband provider is having issues with a mast. They are going to close it down and try to get us broadband using a different mast. If that doesn't work they will remove their equipment.
    I have found another provider but they are looking for €250 installation fee. What happens to the €300 I paid 4 years ago to my original supplier??
    You should may get that back when they take back the equipment as it is usually sometimes a deposit but may be for the installation of the equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Depends on what kind of charge that €300 was? Do you have the original contract or details available?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

dudara wrote: »
    Depends on what kind of charge that €300 was? Do you have the original contract or details available?

I'll have to check later, but it was to install the equipment. The was bought out a couple of years later so any paperwork is in a different company name anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The money you paid one supplier to install equipment has nothing to do with the money you may have to pay another to install equipment. You won't get an installation charge back, and it will mean nothing to the 2nd supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Yeah I understand that, just meant have I any come back against the first company- its not my choice to end the contract. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If you had paid the €300 4 months ago then I'd say you should get it back, but I think it's expecting a bit much after 4 years of service.

Advertisement