Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheval Liberte Horseboxes

• 20-01-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi everyone, another thread from me!

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these boxes? A friend of mine is looking into buying one, very good price for a box about 8/9 years old. Aluminium floor, whole box has been redone, looks very clean in the photos. Looks to be the equivalent size of a 510. I've a 505 myself and no experience of anything other than Ifor Williams boxes, so anyone any opinions on the Cheval ones?

Responses really appreciated, she's hoping to snap it up quickly if it looks good so would really like to know!

Thanks again everyone!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Ggrrrrr lost my thread, **** internet connecton.

I think there is a thread on HHO about a factory recall in France concerning a make of cheval.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eshaness

I've a cheval, find it good as it's lighter than ivor williams, which was good for my car! There is a problem with the floors- but once it's been replaced properly with a aluminium that's resolved. Generally- have a few minor complaints- both hydraulics on the back door went- which was a pain for a while till I got them replaced- as door is heavy without them! Also a lot of the smaller parts rusted- like the catch for the windows- so now mine is stuck open. Other thing is you can't swing the dividor sideways half way down, like in an ivor, which is handy for loading- i miss that. Otherwise its been pretty easy box to use- the jockey wheel has a good safety device to save it if it comes in contact with the road while moving- and hydraulic on that makes it easy to hitch up.
    My horse likes it cause its all white and bright inside.
    All personal preference really.

Advertisement