Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XXIII - SSFIV:AEv2012 and UMvC3, Dublin 04/02/2012 Exchange, Temple Bar

Options
  • 20-01-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭

Inferno will once again be held at Exchange Dublin on Saturday the 4th of February.

Doors open at 10:00, registration will begin at 11:00 and close at 11:45. The tournament itself will start at 12:30. We should be finished up around 17:30.

Entry fee: €5 for venue fee and €5 per tournament.

We’ll be running on 360. Seeding is based on the last 3 tournament results. Please bring your own controller/converter!

Tournament Rules and Format
    Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

Format is as follows, a seeded double elimination bracket from the start.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 sets and each set is best of 3 rounds.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to acommodate them if possible.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after losing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to the character(s) they started the set with and may only change if they lose the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character(s) used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. All alt costumes are soft banned. A player can request that both characters have to use the default costume.

9. No white track suits please.

We need to be out of the Exchange by 18:00 on the dot. They have already pushed another group back an hour for us.

For those travelling from outside of Dublin who may not be able to get there early, which tournament is more important to you so we can run it second?

Will you be there? 25 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    bushayjayirlchopperbyrneK.O.KikiUberPrinny_Baalraah!DreddybajsSairusD4RK ONIONRed350Doyler01Speed BoatThe HoundnjCJun_DP101Goody2shoes15stev0knev022Naphielladnopokamscupcakes 25 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    I'm easy for scheduling either way, and will only be entering SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

No
    Marvel gonna be seeded off DoC results or last inferno results?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    DoC.

Has Marvel been played at an Inferno?

Assuming people have been keeping the spreadsheets up to date, that data will be used.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've got something on this weekend, AJ has kindly offered to do recording duties.

If Onion and Konata are coming, help him out please :)

Also if someone could bring a component screen it'll make things easier for him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    Give Ayjay your VSHG & the new JLF, so I can take them off him for the mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

No
    Marvels mine!

No
    DoC.

Has Marvel been played at an Inferno?

Assuming people have been keeping the spreadsheets up to date, that data will be used.

Yeah Marvel was played once at inferno. The results weren't used in DoC seedings, but maybe u should just use DoC seedings as they've had higher attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Give Ayjay your VSHG & the new JLF, so I can take them off him for the mod.

Kiki - do you have button membranes for madcatz fightpads? If so can you bring them? - and the tiniest philips head screwdriver imaginable so I can solve the sticky MP.

Brian - I'll do recording - might look at a fresh install on your mac beforehand. (Bring your external back with you next week)

*I am not a commentator. Commentating duties will be assigned on the day. :cool:

P.S. wtf is VSHG & the new JLF?

No
    Virtua Stick High Grade.

DooMs stick.

A new JLF, is a new stick and ball top (possibly mounting plate) to go inside.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Kiki - do you have button membranes for madcatz fightpads? If so can you bring them? - and the tiniest philips head screwdriver imaginable so I can solve the sticky MP.

Brian - I'll do recording - might look at a fresh install on your mac beforehand. (Bring your external back with you next week)

*I am not a commentator. Commentating duties will be assigned on the day. :cool:

I'll bring the external, but would it not be better to use your mac as mine will be with me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    ayjayirl wrote: »

I can fix the pad for you.

VSHG:
    th_DSC00027.jpg
    Sanwa JLF:
    JLF-TP-8Y-SK-500x500.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I've got something on this weekend, AJ has kindly offered to do recording duties.

If Onion and Konata are coming, help him out please :)

yessirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    Team Doomy, ON DAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No
    Get ready to taste my 2012 Cody!

No
    ladnopoka wrote: »
    Get ready to taste my 2012 Cody!

scrub! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dundle

You guys should get this posted on eventhubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    Dundle wrote: »
    You guys should get this posted on eventhubs.

Man. I totally forgot I used to send Eventhubs tournament notices. Shall have to get back to doing that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No
    Get ready to taste my 2012 balls

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

No
    UMvC3 seeds will be based on DoC6's results?

Dang, don't do that, I'll feel compelled to attend!

If there's no general preference for what order the tournies are played out, I'd like to throw out a vote for UMvC3 being second cause I could make it to the Exchange before 13:30 much easier than 12:30

No
    Anyone else who's not in range of Dublin bus got an opinion on what should be the second game played?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

No
    Anyone else who's not in range of Dublin bus got an opinion on what should be the second game played?

I thought it was gonna be 2012 and UMVC3?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    Nutrient wrote: »
    I thought it was gonna be 2012 and UMVC3?

He means "which game should be played second"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Street Fighter.

No
    Sf played second - main event!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No
    i expect at least 16 people for AE.
    btw marvel is poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

No
    ladnopoka wrote: »
    i expect at least 16 people for AE.
    btw marvel is poo.

Reckon there will be more entrants for UMVC3

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

No
    Think i might go for UMvC3, and actually enjoy hanging around a tourney for a change, rather than being at the desk all the time!

No
    Have the seedings on randomselect.ie been updated since the last Inferno and DoC for SFIV and UMvC3?

No
    Have the seedings on randomselect.ie been updated since the last Inferno and DoC for SFIV and UMvC3?

no, not yet. In SF I remember Ladnopoka was first, me second, Doom third..

• Advertisement

No
    Doyler01 wrote: »
    no, not yet. In SF I remember Ladnopoka was first, me second, Doom third..

Good memory.

SF
    1. ladnopoka
    2. Doyler
    3. Doom

Marvel
    1. 2gen
    2. Doyler
    3. Nutrient

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056465125 - no info on the other placings

Advertisement