Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XXIII - SSFIV:AEv2012 and UMvC3, Dublin 04/02/2012 Exchange, Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    If it's agreed that SF is second, any idea what time it's starting or what time SF-only players should be in to register by?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    Azza wrote: »
    No.
    'k lads, you've had your fun, back on topic, Chopper is trying to do something here.

Mod Wars! FT10. I'm running a book :D

@ElChoppo: I'll be bringing in our 42in TV for the recording station/finals etc. I'll be in cira 12. (Marvel is not allowed on this TV :cool: - I don't care that its technically Dooms TV. )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

No
    If it's agreed that SF is second, any idea what time it's starting or what time SF-only players should be in to register by?

I'm also very interested in this as I will be getting a nasty early bus.

If it is later will there be an SF casuals thing going on before, or is it the case that if you come early you have to just wait through Marvel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    You may just have to wait through Marvel.

SF will start as soon as Marvel is finished, so there'll probably be a casual setup or two for a short while towards the end of the Marvel tournie.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

What time is SF4 scheduled to begin at?

• Advertisement

No
    When Marvel finishes.

I can't say an exact time.

Rough estimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    42" tv sounds extremely likely to be laggy.

No
    So bring a better one.

I'd say between 14:30 and 15:00 Azza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

If i remember it's on i'll def be there for Umvc3

• Advertisement

I'll pass on this one.

No
    I'd say the ones already at the Exchange would be less laggy is what I meant, setups are setups though. Seems like it'd make more sense to decide which setup is for finals on the day anyway if it's between those options.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

No
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'd say the ones already at the Exchange would be less laggy is what I meant, setups are setups though. Seems like it'd make more sense to decide which setup is for finals on the day anyway if it's between those options.

polar_bear_closeup.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »

It's the same one as was used for the evo quals, everyone seemed to like it then.

No
    Cool cool, if it's been tested already and people are happy with it that's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

polar_bear_closeup.jpg

220px-JeffGoldblum07TIFF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

No
    That tv wasnt laggy, sitting to close to it can lead you to be unable to block cross up tatsu tho

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

No
    That tv wasnt laggy, sitting to close to it can lead you to be unable to block cross up tatsu tho
    It's a 50/50. Not even Jeremy Kyle can block it on reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    The Hound wrote: »
    It's a 50/50. Not even Jeremy Kyle can block it on reaction

*looks up who Jeremy Kyle is*

*still doesn't get it*

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

No
    *looks up who Jeremy Kyle is*

*still doesn't get it*
    He's God to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

No
    Lads who here is missing a copy of SF4 from Inferno?

It as a mark on the spine of the case

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

No
    Does anyone actually prefer SFIV being second because of being too far away to make it early? Or is it just being decided on preference.

I mean I could get going at 5:30am to make the bus/train journey, but I thought chopper asked who wouldn't be able to make it to their preferred tourney due to distance from Dublin, not which game ya'll think is better.

Lythero wrote: »
    5:30am

Jeebus, where do you live? I get up around 9 am to hit up tournaments in Belfast!

No
    Jeebus, where do you live? I get up around 9 am to hit up tournaments in Belfast!

The main inconvenience is because Armagh no longer has a train station. If it had a rail connected to it, it would be fine, but instead I need to get a bus that goes to portadown before I can get a train from there to dublin.

However, if I can convince someone to give me a lift to Portadown (which isn't unlikely) then I won't need to get up nearly as early ^^

What tournaments in Belfast do you go to by the way?
    Nutrient wrote: »
    Better get plenty of sleep

I can't agree more that this helps in spades. But I can never get more than 4 hours of sleep before something like a tourney.

Just can't doit!

I prefer if SF was first.

Lythero wrote: »
    The main inconvenience is because Armagh no longer has a train station. If it had a rail connected to it, it would be fine, but instead I need to get a bus that goes to portadown before I can get a train from there to dublin.

However, if I can convince someone to give me a lift to Portadown (which isn't unlikely) then I won't need to get up nearly as early ^^

What tournaments in Belfast do you go to by the way?

I can't agree more that this helps in spades. But I can never get more than 4 hours of sleep before something like a tourney.

Just can't doit!

There's a marvel/SF/BB tournament held in Queens known as Clash x Counter., it's roughly quarterly. They got me the team doomy shirt too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056525212

There's also the ranbats, There's usually a season of SSFIV ones every year and I believe there's currently a KoFXIII one running (I can't travel as much as I used to though so I am having to give them a miss).

there's been several others too, including retro ones.

There's more and more non SF Northy FG types popping up, you should have a chat with Vyze (aka Vaughn) and Yreval here about it, I'm sure you razer and usedforglue wouldn't mind some more variety there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I don't think any of the Belfast SF players are going down (except cobelcog, maybe)/

Just in case it was influencing any decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

If you're in Armagh it's a much smaller trip up the road to DS.

There's a 24-hour clashing with this inferno (sadface.jpg) and regular meets on Tuesday nights.

Our scene is much more fragmented though with very few serious players per game (SF4 has a good handful, but still fewer than down south).

• Advertisement

No
    If you're in Armagh it's a much smaller trip up the road to DS.

DS? wut?

Advertisement