Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XXIII - SSFIV:AEv2012 and UMvC3, Dublin 04/02/2012 Exchange, Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    Lythero wrote: »
    DS? wut?

Dragonslayers, I believe it's the name of any event run by the Belfast Queen's University gaming society.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

No
    Dragonslayers, I believe it's the name of any event run by the Belfast Queen's University gaming society.

Oh of course, I forgot about the Dragon Slayers. They ran the tourneys for Q-con in Belfast last year. Thanks for the heads up!
    There's a marvel/SF/BB tournament held in Queens known as Clash x Counter.

I'll be almost certainly checking this out, thanks a lot Doom!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No
    I want SF to be the first game. And last.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    Right, SF will be first and Marvel second.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I vote for SF first.

And a screening of True Grit second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No
    I'm hype for this.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah True Grit is going be amazing.....Street Fighter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mscupcakes

No
    I've only been playing SSFIV for about a month or so and I've never been to a proper tournament before but I'll be there on Saturday! I have no allusions of winning, but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

mscupcakes wrote: »
    I've only been playing SSFIV for about a month or so and I've never been to a proper tournament before but I'll be there on Saturday! I have no allusions of winning, but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone :D

Hey, I've been playing since I was 10 and I have no illusions of ever winning, meeting people and watching the finals are the fun parts :)

New people always welcome!

No
    New people are always welcome, as is equipment. We need consoles and monitors if you can.

Also people to be there for ten to help set things up would be nice.

• Advertisement

New people are always welcome, as is equipment. We need consoles and monitors if you can.

Also people to be there for ten to help set things up would be nice.

I'll ask AJ to bring our Xbox. It's obvious patched for SF but I'm not sure about the marvel characters (we got them for the evo quals but I don't recall if we even botheredredownloading them for UMVC).

No
    If you bought them for Vanilla, they're in Ultimate.

If you bought them for Vanilla, they're in Ultimate.

I don't think we redownloaded them, we had a final RROD on our ancient xbox and had to get a new one.

No
    Should only take AJ a few seconds to download them tonight or tomorrow morning and then do a license transfer on the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    I'll be in attendance with my fancy raffle book.
    If any of you want any tickets come on over and give me your money. Remember that there's looooooads of prizes.

No
    On my way now. Should be there by quarter past.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

No
    I'm heading in now, might not make it in before 11.45, could someone sign me up please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

No
    i'll bring my XBox but i dont have AE 2012 on it...

2gen wrote: »
    i'll bring my XBox but i dont have AE 2012 on it...

Were in the Clarence hotel if people are looking. the exchange people never showed. Left a sign at the exchange but don't know how long it lasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    AE:

1st Azza
    2nd Dreddybajs the Iceman
    3rd JunDP

No
    Marvel

1st Nutrient
    2nd Aaron
    3rd Doyler

No
    Someone left a game in my xbox. PM and tell me what it was and I'll get it to you asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

No
    Ggs everybody great inferno, congrats to azza

No
    Apologies to everyone who had to wait around for a long time outside the Exchange and anyone who had to leave early due to the delays. Everything normally runs much smoother than that, but today was a bit of a disaster at the start. We'll be trying to make arrangements with the Exchange to ensure this never happens again.

Massive thanks to AJ who strolled around Temple Bar asking in random hotels until one would take us.

Personally, I think it turned out for the best as the venue turned out to be great.

Massive thanks must also go to everyone who brought equipment today and helped to run the tournament, particularly AJ, Aileen (who just can't resist), DooM, Sairus and Kuro.

Thanks to all who entered, we had a great turnout today and two really good tournaments.

Hope to see you all on the first Saturday of March.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    Brought the camera again, the Clarence was so nice for taking a some good shots. Album can be found here.

And here's a selection of the best.

UGITKl.jpg

BmNEbl.jpg

DMC6Dl.jpg

B6mc9l.jpg

TTj8Nl.jpg

nArHUl.jpg

s7AODl.jpg

eMP2Ql.jpg

9P0ZWl.jpg

PIaPUl.jpg

c2Jyvl.jpg

Sjzgcl.jpg

ida15l.jpg

Again, album is here. There's some more great shots there, but I'd put enough up here as it is.

All previous tourney photos (Just DoC6 atm) can be found at http://D4RKONION.imgur.com

Serious GGs to AJ, Chopper, Aileen and everyone else who helped turn what could have been a disasterous day into an excellent one.

Uploading MvC finals now.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

No
    Great games today everyone!

Except nutrient... :)

~Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    Fair play to the organisers for rescuing this, I would've had a panic attack in your place.

I would've liked to see the SFIV finals, a pity I couldn't make it in time.

Thanks to chopper for not kicking me out when he saw me set up a Melty Blood station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    Aparently I came second in marvel. Dark horse that I was, ggs to all especially nutrient in the final. :p

Clarence hotel ftw.

Azza didn't deserve to win and should be stripped of the title!

Mental note for future - shouldnt post when drunk.

Advertisement