Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XXIII - SSFIV:AEv2012 and UMvC3, Dublin 04/02/2012 Exchange, Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No
    nice turnout today, awesome venue, ggs to all except.....
    fu cammy.
    jk, ggs dreddy ur cammy is beast

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

No
    GGs to all, thanks Chopper and doom for understanding my beyond healthy obsession with helping out, turned out to be a really fun day!!!! AJ, Doom and Voa, feck you guys cause my voice is totally gone and it was FINE when i left the tourney.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    Lol ggs ladno, as I said to you after the match you should've had me. Next time man.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

No
    Massive thanks to AJ who strolled around Temple Bar asking in random hotels until one would take us.

Wow, big thank you to AJ, great stuff man

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

ggs all yesterday.. shoutouts to doyler for making me look free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    Ggs to all yesterday. Thanks to all who helped, even the silent lift people who magically appeared with a car at the right moments.

Next time Red!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

No
    GGs to everyone, specially doom most fun ive had in an inferno match in ages.

Bg's to Bourke and the character select screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

No
    GGs to the jacks in the Clarence hotel which I annihilated 3 times with hangover dumps. Unfortunate timing Sai. :D

GGs to Red for the best match in SF history.

Next tournament can't come soon enough. Hyped for SF again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well ladies and gents, here's a good 3.5 hours of footage for you all.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL066AB5B61DDC690F UMVC playlist

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4DD6E80AEBD639B3 SF playlist

Please feel free to spread the videos to any forum what ever you like.

Also to echo Stevo and Doyler- this was the most fun I've had with SF in a long, long time (I would guess since Super :D ) so I am dying for more now.

Also once again cheers to everyone who made yesterday a success instead of the massive feck up it could have been.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    Tweeted them to the Team Doomy twitter account, along with the DoC6 playlists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

No
    GGs to Nutrient for using impressive combos and not crushing everyone's dreams with mere twirly hands/Nutrient Special/PIPE.

Maybe I'll actually learn SFIV 2012 Dan combos for next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

No
    GGs to everyone and hopefully by the next tournament ill be either playing on my good ol Lego stick again or on a TE of my own. thanks again to Doyler and Red for letting me borrow theirs.

the tourny was a lot of fun but i have to admit, i wasn't taking it too seriously because we all know that im just an "auto-pilot" player who just "presses buttons" and has no chance on winning a serious tournament despite my "Irish MarlinPie" execution...
    enhanced-buzz-15854-1300424464-1.jpg

looking forward to the next casuals on Saturday since Wednesdays have become really busy for me for this new collage semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No
    GG's all.

Very fun tournament. Demonstrated how out of practice I am for both games.

But if we keep having such well run events it's a fantastic incentive to get better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

No
    2gen wrote: »
    GGs to everyone and hopefully by the next tournament ill be either playing on my good ol Lego stick again or on a TE of my own. thanks again to Doyler and Red for letting me borrow theirs.

the tourny was a lot of fun but i have to admit, i wasn't taking it too seriously because we all know that im just an "auto-pilot" player who just "presses buttons" and has no chance on winning a serious tournament despite my "Irish MarlinPie" execution...
    enhanced-buzz-15854-1300424464-1.jpg

looking forward to the next casuals on Saturday since Wednesdays have become really busy for me for this new collage semester.

Really casuals can be done w/e day you like [Granted theres other people available]

Apparently casuals was done almost everday [way before I joined the community]
    A couple of us usually do casuals on a tuesday so thats there if you like.

Once you get your lego stick back, you can work on this "auto-pilot" issue:)

No
    Speed Boat wrote: »
    GG's all.

Very fun tournament. Demonstrated how out of practice I am for both games.

But if we keep having such well run events it's a fantastic incentive to get better!

Dude you had me on the ROPES.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No
    We didn't play...

He's confusing you with Stevo.

As did pretty much everyone commentating your matches yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

No
    GGs everyone, and big thanks to all involved in making it run so smoothly. The two game format is a big improvement, great to have more games to look forward to after getting knocked out.
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    Next time Red!

I don't doubt that! That game was so tense, looking forward to watching it again.
    Doyler01 wrote: »
    GGs to Red for the best match in SF history.

I don't think anyone should watch it, the level of skill is far above what this community could comprehend.

No
    Lythero wrote: »
    GGs to Nutrient for using impressive combos and not crushing everyone's dreams with mere twirly hands/Nutrient Special/PIPE.

Thank you very much

Hope to see more hype Dante tech next tourney from you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

cbple.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 mscupcakes

No
    I had a really good time! Met a lot of cool people and I actually managed to win a few games :D I'll definitely be at the next one. In the meantime if anyone wants to play some SSFIV over Xbox Live (or Melty Blood if I can get that set up) I'd be up for that. :pac: I might go to some of those casuals that Nutrient mentioned too.
    YunHat.gif

No
    mscupcakes wrote: »
    I had a really good time! Met a lot of cool people and I actually managed to win a few games :D I'll definitely be at the next one. In the meantime if anyone wants to play some SSFIV over Xbox Live (or Melty Blood if I can get that set up) I'd be up for that. :pac: I might go to some of those casuals that Nutrient mentioned too.
    YunHat.gif

Thats great to hear.

Casuals are usually Wed and Fri and start from 3.00pm.

Keep your eyes on boards and you'll see the posts about them with all the details about it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    ida15l.jpg
    New hair makes me a god damn action hero.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Like the new venue

Had nice comfo chairs, was nice and cosy without being unbearble hot.
    Has a Bar right below it, as well as a bathroom with toliet paper.

Also +1 for no inbreed yocals on a day trip up from the moonshine trough, gawking in the window looking for spare parts for their banjo's.

I'd personally prefer if Inferno stayed at the venue or something similar. I appreciate it costs more but I think its the best venue we've had so far. Would also be alot more reliable than the Exchange.

Also I vote for the next Inferno be pushed back 1 week so we can have SFxT at the next Inferno, if the dates aren't already locked down that is.

Also GG's to the plebs and untermenschen I played on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    Azza wrote: »
    I'd personally prefer if Inferno stayed at the venue or something similar. I appreciate it costs more but I think its the best venue we've had so far. Would also be alot more reliable than the Exchange.

2 Thoughts on this.
    1) We could use the Clarence again. I spoke with your man and took his number. As you say, it does cost more and not only that but the cost is fixed and not a percentage of how many turn up. If we want to keep it there we need to look at being better at getting numbers BEFORE the event. If people were up front about it early it becomes easier to plan and commit to paying the fee.

2) The equipment. Where would we store it. I can't see the exchange saying that its ok to keep using it if we aren't renting the venue anymore. There is also the matter that the exchange is an attempt to create something for communities like ours and others. Maybe we should look at getting greater access to it - like a key! That being said, it'd be hard to go back to student vile after experiencing the edge's hospitality ;)

No
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    2 Thoughts on this.
    1) We could use the Clarence again. I spoke with your man and took his number. As you say, it does cost more and not only that but the cost is fixed and not a percentage of how many turn up. If we want to keep it there we need to look at being better at getting numbers BEFORE the event. If people were up front about it early it becomes easier to plan and commit to paying the fee.

2) The equipment. Where would we store it. I can't see the exchange saying that its ok to keep using it if we aren't renting the venue anymore. There is also the matter that the exchange is an attempt to create something for communities like ours and others. Maybe we should look at getting greater access to it - like a key! That being said, it'd be hard to go back to student vile after experiencing the edge's hospitality ;)

Overall the place is much better.

Equipments in a more secure place, no gawkers, bar;)

If it's alright with the venue, I don't see why not.

Course the costs for the venue being larger would mean larger turnouts to be expected before like you mentioned previously and I believe that could be easily done through polls or list of some description.

As for the exchange, they've been pretty helpful and are a lovely bunch of people when their latency isn't apparent, so why don't we just hold half are tourneys at the exchange [expected small turn out ones]at the exchange, then really large hype ones at the Clearence Hotel?

Seems to be the most cost effective option.

Small tourneys at Exchange

Large tourneys at Clearance Hotel

Any thoughts on this very basic suggestion?

No
    Nutrient wrote: »
    Small tourneys at Exchange

Large tourneys at Clearance Hotel

Any thoughts on this very basic suggestion?

Personally, while I thought the Clearance Hotel venue was a great substitute, it was kinda stuffy and more cramped than the Exchange. But if we were allowed to open those huge doors at the back to allow for more breathing space, then I think it'd be a great idea to go there again (obviously depends on whether or not that would cost more money though).

The place was certainly classy ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    Good points all around for Exchange VS Clarion.

It's interesting that Azza is pro-Clarion, I would have thought that players capable of winning some of the prize pot would be against a more expensive venue.

AJ's right as well. We couldn't (literally) have a 14 person Inferno at the Clarion; it just wouldn't work.

There is also the very real risk that if we stop using the Exchange or use it less, they'll close down altogether. We don't really know what their financial situation is, but it's safe to say that removing us as a source of income would be BAD for them.

There might have been more to the Exchange being lame on Saturday than just hippies sleeping in. The guy we spoke to when we went to get the monitors said something about a problem with the locks. I didn't get any details from him though.

Also it's cool that the Exchange lets us store stuff, but on that point it doesn't seem terribly secure. Those of us that went to get the equipment just walked in, grabbed what we wanted and walked out. Maybe if we were going to have a key for anything, it should be for the lock we should put on that cage.

There might have been more to the Exchange being lame on Saturday than just hippies sleeping in. The guy we spoke to when we went to get the monitors said something about a problem with the locks. I didn't get any details from him though.

You might not be aware but this is far from the first time it's happened. It's just the most extreme example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

No
    Azza wrote: »

I actually did a quick bit of internet browsing on this, the hotel right across from the exhange also has a room that might suit, and its a fair bit less according to their website. We'd need to check it out in person so see if it'd suit though.

There were pros and cons to the clarion, Chopper only found how to work the aircon properly near the end of the day, but facts have to be faced, it is twenty to twenty-five lads in a room with five or six xboxes which throw out a reasonable ammount of heat, and health and safety means you'll never be allowed to throw open windows unless you're on the ground floor. It is always gonna be a bit stuffy for these things, short of holding it outdoors.

It would be a shame to be the cause of the exchange shutting down, but lets be fair, their attitude to the fighting game community is pretty terrible sometimes. For DoC there have been a few times where we ran late, and despite them not having an event booked after us, they were hounding us to get out. We give them a fair bit of money for being there, some flexibility wouldn't go amiss.

Advertisement